Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Lookin for « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lookin for  (Read 3662 times)
steveo
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 06:27:20 am »

2ml67. l feel that if this is how you want to put your together this is fine. But this is NOT how it is done from the factory, I do all the work that I can on my own cars as I am as cheap as they come. i fYOU CAN LIVE WITH IT THAT WAY THIS IS FINE. But to say you cannot get the proper parts is another thing. He was looking for the proper part and guys came up with CHEAPER ways. IF I was going to do it the cheaper way I would be going to the junk yard andbuy the proper part either way this is my 2 cents worth and thatis it for any more posts on this subject. SORRY TO UPSET SOME OF YOU CAR GUYS Sad Sad
GoFast88
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 12:13:08 pm »

IF I was going to do it the cheaper way I would be going to the junk yard andbuy the proper part

Use a used brake part of questionable past acestory and stake you life on it?? Does foolhardy ring a bell? I would rather use a new part and sensably adapt it to the proper use if you can't buy a porper new one.
my 0.02 worth.
2ML67
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2004, 01:39:47 pm »

Lets see $20 new brake line slightly too large, drill out fitting and flare properly to fit. You see this as bad. Lets see even dealer does this as well as many garages and they have no problem but you do. Either you are some kind of genius the likes of which this world has never seen before or you are an uninformed mentally handicapped fool probably working on second hand info from an even dumber person. Or you believe its better to be driving around with 20 year old rusted brake lines hoping they do not break or leak and cause your breaks to fail. Dan
steveo
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004, 09:29:21 pm »

2ml67 i guess l upset some of you guys about my thoughts. l said that i would not repost any more on this subject but after the  post you put up i thought that you should read what you post before you post something. read the first post you did after the request was asked. i think you said to take the part off a parts car. think before you post. is that not the same as getting it from the jung yard Shocked
lsixtyseven
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2004, 12:20:31 am »

read the first post you did after the request was asked. i think you said to take the part off a parts car.     

I was asking about the fitting, and that is what Dan was talking about. I did get a good fitting(thanks Kev) and then I couldn't get a line to fit through the fitting. This is when the idea of drilling out the fitting to accept 1/4 inch line and then bubble flare it with a good quality tool came out.

I don't see how this can be unsafe using new brake line, I wouldn't use junk car brake line.
2ML67
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2004, 06:11:08 pm »

Once again you do not get it the post was that the front fitting which is in a sealed from weather area and does not corrode is the same as the rear one that is usually rotted from rust. Therefore there is nothing wrong with the front fitting and no reason not to use it. The rear fitting along with the rusted lines are what should not be used. Dan
DeadHorse
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2004, 09:53:33 am »

Allright, that's enough.

You all win.

Now please stop beating me.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 10:16:51 am by DeadHorse » Logged
steveo
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2004, 12:26:15 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Fiero_power
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 05:36:37 pm »

Welcome  Wink ....  What kind of ride do you have? 

Joe
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Lookin for « previous next »
Jump to: