Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:15:41 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Fiero top end « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiero top end  (Read 1835 times)
2ML67
« on: July 02, 2003, 03:56:44 pm »

Any body ever seriously tested what the top end of these cars are. I only have a 140kmh speedo but have wrapped it around to the point where it starts spinning like a propellor.
Since cutting up my hood a bit and moving the battery under the passengers headlight and reinstalling the spare tire all problems with front end lift seem to be gone. Have paced it with my buddy's vette up to 210kmh at which point he backs off, since having my PCM reprogrammed and removing the limiters or at least setting them so high they do not matter any more I am curious as to just how fast she will go, unfortunately safe area I use for testing is only about a mile and a half long and it doesn't take long to run out of road. Dan
JetJumper
Jetjumper
FORUM MASTER
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 05:32:43 pm »

I have just a 140km speedo and I have never (and will never) try to pass it.  Remember, white car = 4 cyld.   I don't think SO!!!!

-----------------------
JetTech
www.jetjumper.ca
-----------------------
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 01:02:35 pm »

i've made it spin around to, was racing a old porsche carrera (and beat it)  so I assume we where getting close to the 170-80 range ,course I was also deep into the redzone and humming like a Africanized Bee on GHB
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 11:36:54 pm »

the 3.1 made it back to zero, with more left but really didn't want to go much faster

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
fiero308
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2003, 08:54:31 am »

and of course, with this being a PUBLIC board, where ANYBODY can read about our activities, you guys were all on sanctioned RACE tracks and ....... wearing helmets and 4 point belts, too, weren't you!?!!?!??!? Shocked Shocked
I am guessing it was Shannonville altho maybe Dan was on the Mosport Track with that long straight.  Probably beat Dan Fellows out in the dive into the corner.

Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2003, 11:18:11 am »

and of course, with this being a PUBLIC board, where ANYBODY can read about our activities, you guys were all on sanctioned RACE tracks
I doubt the Golden Lake track is sactioned by anybody, but you never know

and ....... wearing helmets and 4 point belts, too, weren't you!?!!?!??!? Shocked Shocked
there was a helmet in the car at the time and between the 2 seatbelts in the car there were 4 points. But the problem is with new proposed laws, that would be illegal and cause for an officer to rip them out if he chooses, unless approved by an automotive engineer.

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Fiero top end « previous next »
Jump to: