Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:37:24 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: The fun of finding parts. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The fun of finding parts.  (Read 4683 times)
GoFast88
« on: August 23, 2005, 08:03:01 am »

As you are no doubt aware, I have finally decided to tackle my headliner in the white 85 so that I can finally get serious about putting it up for sale. You can read about the adventures of the windshield clips in the other thread. Well, I take the bus to Ottawa Upholstry (after a phone call) and then they tell me that they do not have headliner material and the only thing that they do is car seats. They suggest Auto-wa Upholstry. Talk about a play on words. As it is almost 5pm I whone them and they are almost closing. I can come down and give them a sample and wait 3 days for the material to come in. Given that they have used a knock-off name for their store, how good can they be?? So I phone Rockland Textiles and they have the material and are open till 6pm. I take the bus and arrive at 4:45. The lady at the front dest tells me that the "automotive person" just left and wont be back for 2 days. We will be there and hope that he arrives.   I now know why the garages charge so much as you have to pay someone to do all of this running arrrrround for parts.   
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 08:04:58 am by GoFast88 » Logged
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 11:02:37 am »

If you don't mind a drive out to the west end, get a hold of Missippi Auto Glass in Carleton Place.

Depending upon the color you may have to wait a day or two for the material to come in, but they have a solid staff and their prices were reasonable the last time I dealt with them.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
2ML67
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 11:35:04 am »

Forget the head liner just ask a reasonable price and then she might sell. Just kidding Brian, make sure what is left of your head liner backing is ok or it will just fall apart. Dan
GoFast88
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 12:10:47 pm »

get a hold of Missippi Auto Glass in Carleton Place.
 their prices were reasonable

Just how reasonable?? Undecided
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 12:32:39 pm »

Just how reasonable?? Undecided

Under $30 after taxes... I think.  I should still have the receipt in my filing cabinet if you want a more accurate number.

GoFast88
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 08:01:23 am »

Forget the head liner just ask a reasonable price and then she might sell.
Might have to do do the headliner and AARP
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 11:59:39 am by GoFast88 » Logged
GoFast88
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 12:05:46 pm »

Phoned Rockland Textiles yesterday and talked to the "manager" She took the information and said that someone would get right back to me. No phone call. Called this morning and talked to the "automotive guy" to make an appointment to see him and he tells me that he only works up to 4 or someven though the store is open till 6.  Tongue Since I don't get off of work till 4 and don't want to take a day off of work, he says that he will leave the 5 samples of the only available headliners that he can get. Hope that mine matches but of the hundreds  Embarrassed of headliner colours propably in existance from Roles Royce (If I can't spell it, I will never own one) to Ladas I wonder if I will be lucky or not. GEEE I could make this into a soap opera. 
GoFast88
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 12:14:50 pm »

Mississippi Auto Glass in Carleton Place 613-257-1315

Called them and they have like 40 different colours compared to Rockland Textiles 6 samples. Since MAG are only open till 5pm on weekdays and I can't make it I will go to Rockland first. If they don't have the colour scheme, I will have to go on Saturday to Carelon place to order it.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 12:22:31 pm »

If you want to deal with MAG but can't get there before they close, find a way to get me a sample of the color you want and I'll play errand-boy.  I drive right past both MAG & your place five days a week.  Smiley

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 01:21:36 pm »

I will have to go on Saturday to Carelon place to order it.

Perhaps I can help.  I work a few hundred meters from Mississippi Auto Glass.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GoFast88
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 12:13:45 pm »

I hate to do it, but I will have to go to Auto-wa Upholstery. They might have the samples available so that I can order the exact colour. I also just received a 40+ colour catalogue from the Fiero Store and they list 4 headliner colours which 2 of them are Light saddle brown and Dark saddle brown. Don't know which one I have. If it wouldn't take 3 weeks to get, I would buy the kit (cloth, glue, instructions) as it is only $69.95usd.   If Auto-wa does not pan out, I might have to owe someone a favour.
GoFast88
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 10:31:58 am »

Went to Auto-wa Upholstery yesterday. They don't have the exact colour in Toronto but something close is $60/yd. They said that it I brought down the backing that they would  clean, and glue the fabric on for $190 + tax. Next stop Mississippi Auto glass.
GoFast88
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 11:32:11 am »

Now that I have the the part number Sunbrite SB-1711 Doeskin, I called Mississippi and it will be here on Wednesday for $25. They took Chargex over the phone. Good service and a good price.
AMMENDMENT: the Canadian supplier was: George N. Jackson Ltd 3236 Wharton Way Mississauga (905) 238-3369
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 12:44:55 pm by GoFast88 » Logged
coolman_890
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 10:30:57 am »

i have a headlineri will trade you for clips. it is brand new and all you have to do is cut to size. i did it a couple weeks ago and they only sold it in sheets of 6' so i have enough for anotehr car. call me at 227-1851

GoFast88
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 07:53:27 am »

i have a headlineri
Embarrassed Where were you a week ago?  Lips Sealed Undecided
I have a few other things in the pot so this job will have to go on the back burner for a week or so. 
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: The fun of finding parts. « previous next »
Jump to: