Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:57:08 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: The fun of finding parts. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The fun of finding parts.  (Read 4708 times)
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 11:24:50 am »

What about me and Wednesday?

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
coolman_890
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 11:35:43 am »

sorry i was out of town all last week. if anyone else needs the headliner let me know
GoFast88
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 07:58:16 am »

Thanks to Aaron who picked up the liner for me in Carleton Place. I also picked up the 3M 8088 glue @ Ralphs UAP on Bank for $25 tax included.
The cleaning of the backing board starts tonight.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 08:03:19 am by GoFast88 » Logged
GoFast88
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 12:30:30 pm »

Got 2 guys to give me a hand to put it on Friday pm and the job went quickly without incident. Used up the whole can on the 2 surfaces in a x-pattern. Haven't got enough to do the fold over back but will use contact cement as it will be on the back side anyway. Once the rain quits on Thursday I will (might) find the time to actually put it up  Lips Sealed
GoFast88
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 07:59:13 am »

Got the headliner up on Saturday. I had read up on the installation for some time and figured that I had all of the angles figured. Well, I cleared the outside of the moulding and put them up. Now I see that I have a small black smudge on the headliner. I guess that I should have cleaned the BACK of the mouldings, as the windshield tar must have touched the headliner as I put it up. I mention it here because I saw no mention of it elsewhere in my readings on the subject.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 09:56:46 am »

Good point; tar is hard to get out, but there are thinners that will do the trick.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GoFast88
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 11:31:57 am »

Won't they "melt" my precious headliner though??  Undecided
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2005, 12:27:45 pm »

Don't know, but you do have some spare pieces to test?

GoFast88
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2005, 12:45:02 pm »

Unfortunately I tossed out the majority of what I had. I have some small 1 inch pieces (if I can find them) Anyone out there had experience with cleaners on headliners? (search on Pennocks came up empty.)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: The fun of finding parts. « previous next »
Jump to: