Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:09:30 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Pictures  |  Topic: Poll for black headlights « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poll for black headlights  (Read 5462 times)
GoFast85
« on: July 08, 2004, 09:34:42 am »

Took this pic and had photoshop change it to black headlight covers. I will be getting the car painted stock yellow and wonder if the black lights is an  improvement over factory?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 09:36:45 am by GoFast85 » Logged
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 10:11:26 am »

If it was mine, I'd be keeping the eyelids the same color as the rest of the hood, and painting those vents to match.

The place where you want black on that car is a few stripes running across the width, behind the passenger compartment.  Go for that bumble bee look.   Grin

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 02:11:31 pm »

It matches the trim and the vents, its not bad. I would rather everything all one color but then again thats me.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 08:31:51 pm »

The black headlights are cool looking but really crap for lighting the road at night.  Not only do you have black covers over your light bulb but also eliminating your pop-up makes for a hard time lighting the car right in front of the bumper.  Instead you have this dark spot closest to the car.  Not something I like with all the county driving I do, but everyone has different needs.  See what the ladies think.

Aaron

PS. you and your super huge pic's

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GoFast85
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 08:32:59 am »

I will continue to use the pop-up lights as the sunk in ones look ugly to me and not worth the $500 and installation. The car will be black and yellow all the way around (trim and body). Still looking for more comments. Be gentle please.

P.S. The pic is only 163kps. Does anyone have some pic redusing software that I could borrow  Cheesy
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 08:37:22 am »

Brian it wouldn't surprise me if the software you use to download photos from your camera can resize the images.  Most digi cameras seem to come with at minimum some basic editing tools.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 03:16:26 pm by Don Guy » Logged

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
lercs
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 11:35:33 am »

i would paint it all yellow, and take all the trim off and fill in the part where it was and paint it yellow too
2ML67
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 07:23:15 pm »

I agree with Don go for that bumble bee look after all it must have really stung your lady friends hand when it hit her. Dan
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 12:45:33 pm »

P.S. The pic is only 163kps. Does anyone have some pic redusing software that I could borrow  Cheesy

Open the photo in microsoft’s Paint program, you’ll find it in the start menu under programs / accessories / paint.  Go to the ‘image’ drop down menu at the top and pick “stretch/skew”, then indicate 40% in both the fields for horizontal and vertical.  That should do it.  Make sure you ‘save as’ under a new name.

If the photo is still too large open up the original photo again and resize it at a smaller percentage.  I'm sure you get the idea.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GoFast85
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 12:46:31 pm »

Most digi cameras seem to come with at minimum some basic editing tools.

Not only did the software that came with the camera not work, it would not download pics from the camera. I couln't beleive it when Radio Shack told me that they all don't work.  I ended up buying a  memory stick reader @ $19 and make like another drive.

Still looking for pic software.  Photoshop anyone?   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 12:49:06 pm by GoFast85 » Logged
lercs
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 07:15:27 pm »

i have photoshop if you want it

161 MB

i could burn it to a cd but since im in kingston that doesnt help you

GoFast85
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 08:36:39 am »

pm to you
GNFIERO3.8
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2004, 05:16:13 pm »

i personally never liked the headlight covers/vents a different colour than the body.......it's true that it matches the trim,  but it looks more complete when  the lights are actually hidden........the less-busy a car looks, the sleeker it will look
GoFast85
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004, 08:49:05 am »

Got a quote  on the paint job and a fellow in Gateneau will do 3 coats and 3 coats in a booth for $900 cash. The sleeper yellow (yeh right!) gets the vote. The front lights and vent get yellow since no use highlighting the vents that don't work.   
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 01:58:29 pm by GoFast85 » Logged
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2004, 09:46:52 am »

Got a quote  on the paint job and a fellow in Gateneau will do 3 coats and 3 coats in a booth for $900 cash.  The front lights and vent get yellow.   

May be just me but 900 sounds a lot for two vents and two headlight covers..... Grin  Grin  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Pictures  |  Topic: Poll for black headlights « previous next »
Jump to: