Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:39:28 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Ottawa caravan to MI « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ottawa caravan to MI  (Read 2099 times)
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

Minority in my home town. Thanxs MEL!!!

« on: July 02, 2003, 09:26:57 pm »

What day is the Ottawa club caravaning down to MI? what time you leaving?

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 04:12:16 pm »

I guess know one is going to MI this year?

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 08:48:05 pm »

I was until today Cry, as far as I know only 2 are still going down, plus there is a group from Montreal, I can pass on their info should you need it.

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 06:56:13 pm »

So....whos still in for Michigan?  I'm planning my route, and most likely I'll avoid going through Toronto, and still need to find out whats going on accomodation wise too!
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 09:11:35 pm »

I know the GTA club is leaving bright an early thursday morning from their usual spot outside Milton off the 401.

So far there are a few of us in toronto leaving firday. We will also be gathering at the service station outside Milton but we're not leaving till noon. This way we beat any rush hour traffic through the city.

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 09:57:44 am »

Thursday morning, that works for me!  What I actually wouldn't mind doing in that case, is leaving here the 16th, staying somewhere in Milton and getting a bright and early start to the day!  But I mean leaving Friday sounds good too, and maybe thats what I will do.  I'm not sure yet.  Would it be possible to get directions to the service station, I can't recall what exit it was.

Second, what hotel are you guys staying at?
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 02:11:27 am »

Hi Gizmo,
   The service station is just off the 401 (Mcdonalds). You can't miss it, just keep driving past Milton, once you think you've gone to far, it should be right over the next hill. Cheesy   We will also have Mortorola two way radios with us.

As for accomodations, Nick and I are camping at Lake Pontiac with a bunch of other fiero's. We've asked the park to put all the fiero's together in the same area.  Most of the people are probably staying at the marriott hotel were the show is being held.

Your choice if you want thursday early morning crue or friday relaxing crue Cheesy

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 10:11:20 am »

Are those the FRS type radios?  I think we have some at work so I'd grab one.  If Friday would avoid hitting traffic, I'm game.  Otherwise I'll jet Thursday.
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2003, 03:28:02 pm »

yep, those are Motorola's FRS two-way radio's.  We're working thursday so that's why we're going friday and we plan on noon so it avoids toronto's rush-hours.  I'll be there at the station around 11:30am  

edit for FRS:  I'm gonna set the two-way radio's to channel 7 code 18. Hope your's has the sub-code channels. I figured I'd use these since it's the date when we're leaving. easy to remember.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 11:50:39 am by x-thumpr-x » Logged

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 09:10:16 pm »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Please take lot of pics for me Sad Sad

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2003, 01:25:01 am »

LAST CALL FOR MI!  I'm probably leaving for Toronto tomorrow, hmm looking at the time its already 1:30am so, today late afternoon.  I'll probably find a place somewhere near Milton to stay and hopefully meet at the service station with the second caravan.

Anyone wanting to still come, lmk, I have a room booked, has two beds....can split the cost 2 ways and save some $.

For pics, I'm taking along my Canon XL1, digital camera and laptop.  There should be plenty for you all when I get back and throw it online.
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2003, 09:15:54 am »

WooHoo,,  I'll have my laptop with me but doesn't have a USB port for digital camera's. My laptop will be hooked up to the car if codes start appearing on the way down. :-(

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Ottawa caravan to MI « previous next »
Jump to: