Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:46:28 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Battery relocation « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battery relocation  (Read 2949 times)
2ML67
« on: July 01, 2003, 06:56:08 pm »

Installed the battery under the passengers side headlight today. Lots of fun removing the old metal but in all not too hard. Wanted to be able to carry the spare tire after all. A few more things to do than time to start another project. Dan
JTFiero
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 02:05:22 pm »

Cool Sounds cool did you use a gel battery? How did you fit it in? give some details. Think that is a very worthwhile mod!!
2ML67
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 06:02:03 pm »

It was easy just removed the panel under the headlight and fabricated a tray to hold the battery and ran both pos and neg 2 gauge wires all the way back to the motor. I think Don actually did one after me so he might show you his unless you live closer to Belleville than Ottawa. Very worth while mod especially when you are running a 3800SC in the car, need all the weight you can up front to keep the front wheels on the ground. ++++
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 03:21:32 pm »

Most of what Don did was documented in this thread “Nose Job”
http://www.fierodrivers.com/forum/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=825;start=15
Page 2 and on (the link takes you to page two)

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 10:47:11 am »

I think Don actually did one after me so he might show you his unless you live closer to Belleville than Ottawa. Very worth while mod especially when you are running a 3800SC in the car, need all the weight you can up front to keep the front wheels on the ground.

What can I say Dan, you were an inspiration.  Not to mention that it was entertaining to see a Fiero in my driveway with one nose in its proper place, and another sticking up through the sunroof.   Grin

Even if you aren't having any problems keeping your front tires on the ground, it's a nice change in handling.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
PBJ
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 10:37:21 pm »

This battery relocation under the headlight looks like a nice idea.  With the lower trunk removed from our car for the exhaust, we carry alot of stuff in the frt.  We also do not carry a spare.  I think I too will do this-thanks! any more pics of after with headlight back in?
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 10:07:28 am »

any more pics of after with headlight back in?

I may already have one at home; if not, gimme a couple of days to get the PC at home with the camera software working again and I'll take/post a fresh pic.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Battery relocation « previous next »
Jump to: