Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:06:20 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: 3400 sfi where next? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3400 sfi where next?  (Read 1432 times)
blue41
Fiero Beginner

« on: October 23, 2016, 04:41:01 pm »

so I'm looking for some input on where to go next on this project. But I do have (as my bother calls it) T-rex syndrome (arms are to short to reach the pockets). well I bet a lot of you guys know what I mean when it comes to a budget. so I will be doing a lot of this myself. but for now lets get into what I have done so far.

so here is the donor 2004 grand am 3400 sfi.

pulled the engine with pcm and wiring harness.

rinse wash and repeat and yellow starts to come out very nicely

yes that is 3500 manifolds that have been gasket matched at the primaries and open from 1 3/4" to 2 1/8" at the flange. the flange is pocketed like a globe fish bowl. just remove the lip inside to open it. with a long bit clean the channels.

I also did 2 1/8" to the y and 2 1/2" the rest of the way.

not quite in place yet but you get the idea.

to 2 1/2" spintech muffler

I also gasket matched the intake and cleaned up casting inside as far as my bits would let me.
new plain ngk, 3800 scII coils(heard that they give a little more spark. might be just rumours lol), cone 3" filter (most likely not doing a thing till I put a bigger throttlebody & intake), sinister performance tune.

SO......... I'm looking to see what the next move. thinking 3500 heads and intake, maybe a cam(more interested in low and mid rpm range then noise and high rpm.), then the t-rex syndrome cuts in and I'm short pistons and mains and rods etc. of a rebuild lol. more looking to take advantage of what I've done so far. I would like to keep it n/a but something inside cry turbo Cheesy lmao. no I've to keep it reasonable. maybe when I find someone else's deep pockets lol. but with all seriousness I'd like to hear what you have to say. hope to here from you soon and I will get around to putting the whole build up from the time she rolled off the flat bed march of 2014...

(yeay I got the picture to work and resized)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:19:44 pm by blue41 » Logged
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 06:45:53 pm »

I see you like the 3400 and you already hove one but for more performance the VVT engines like the 3500 and the 3900 work real nice in the Fiero 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: 3400 sfi where next? « previous next »
Jump to: