Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:16:21 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: How much is my Fiero worth? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How much is my Fiero worth?  (Read 2288 times)
dpgam
Fiero Beginner

« on: April 20, 2016, 04:59:32 pm »

I have a 1986 2M4, 4 cylinder, automatic with only 25K original km.  It is in excellent condition.  I  have the original manuals, sales brochures, sales invoice and many of the service records.   I don't drive it very much anymore and would like to sell it but need some help in establishing its market value.  Can anyone give me some idea of its worth?  I am located in Ottawa.

thanks
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 01:12:02 am »

If it looks like it's low kilometres as well as being low kilometres, then it's kind of hard to say because it doesn't fit into the regular market.  So basically it's worth something that isn't related to what you can get from selling it.  Supply and demand.  If someone want's it and is willing to pay for it then you get what it's worth or more.  If not then you get much less.

Call an appraiser like "Grandpa's Garage", it will cost a couple hundred dollars to get an official document.

Good luck,

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dpgam
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 03:31:52 pm »

You are correct, it all depends on demand at any point in time.  I have an appraisal for $6K but haven't had anyone willing to pay that price.  I guess I'll drop it down and see what happens.  thanx
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 05:13:29 pm »

another problem with selling low mileage very few owner cars of our cars age is the person buying it needs to remember another owner and putting miles on the car will depreciate its value quite quickly and quite often with low mileage cars is once you start putting miles on it you often run into failures of parts from sitting so much they dry up or rot out internally.
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 07:46:37 pm »

Low miles or not its still a 2m4 fiero. I had a lot of trouble selling my 88 formula for 3500
dpgam
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 08:53:48 am »

Sold it on the weekend for $4000 to a car guy from Montreal.  He attends classic car shows and will be proudly entering my fiero.  Given all the original paperwork and its great condition he expects to be sending me pictures of his trophies later this summer!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 11:01:34 pm »

Wow well done.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 12:37:26 am »

Could have been better. Could have been worse.

I don't think I'd sell mine for less than 20K.  But nobody would buy it, so I guess I'm stuck with it for better or worse.  Kind of like getting married, you cross your fingers and hope you are making the right decision well before you have all the facts.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: How much is my Fiero worth? « previous next »
Jump to: