Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:32:34 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Fiero width - need help! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiero width - need help!  (Read 3654 times)
Backtothe80s
Fiero Beginner

« on: March 02, 2016, 10:11:45 pm »

Hi Gang,

New to the group and first post of many I'm sure.  I need help getting the exact measurements of the width of a 88 GT.  I found by searching on line that it's 69inches wide.  My ? is does the include the side mirrors from tip to tip or just the width of the body less the mirrors?  Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks in advance.

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 12:44:21 am »

Hi and welcome.

Your question is still a bit vague.  The stock track width (that is the distance from the centre line of the rear tires to each other) is 1538 mm (kind of depend a bit on camber) or the theoretical outside of tire to outside of tire is 1753 mm or 69 inches.  There are parts of the body that stick out passed that.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 09:18:05 am »

If you need to know the measurement from mirror tip to mirror tip I could measure my 87 gt in the garage.
Backtothe80s
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 09:05:18 pm »

Thank you Can Machine and Arron for you responses and welcoming me!
The reason for the measurements was for shipping purposes.  I found out that mirror tip to mirror tip the width is 80inches.  The body at the widest point seems to be 70inches.  My friend who is driving to pickup my new purchase has a trailer that has an opening of 72inches wide.  The seller agreed to remove the mirrors so he can place it inside his trailer. Should have it home next week if everything goes as planned.

Not sure if you guys have a get together during the summer months but if you do I would like to find out more about it. 

Great to know we have a local club.

Thanks again for your help,

Stephane
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:13:20 pm »

No problem, put up some pictures when you get it.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 11:56:23 am »

Exciting, and good luck on the delivery.  hopefully nothing shifts.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Backtothe80s
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 08:26:45 pm »

Yes I agree.  It made it roughly 1800klm's so far without a scratch.  Now the real challenge is crossing the boarder on Thursday in Niagara.  Just hope the paper work I sent clears by the mandatory 72hours required for US Customs and that I get it over the boarder before the Canadian Boarders 4pm cut off!  Fingers crossed. 
Backtothe80s
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 10:48:15 pm »

Ok here is the much awaited picture.  I had a lot of cleaning and work to due to get it to this stage.  Just waiting on tires before I put the factory rims on the car.  Quite happy with my sight unseen purchase and the sellers discription of what it needed.  Brought back memories of my first Fiero purchase(used 84 2m4 SE)23 years ago where I got it in a snow storm as well!!!

Now if I can figure out how to post new pictures without deleting previous post that would be great!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:50:26 pm by Backtothe80s » Logged
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 01:05:44 am »

Sweetness...

Ya, posting pictures here is really easy.  Our host just loads them onto his server (god bless him).

Aaron

monzaguy
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 05:28:30 pm »

Cool Nice car....Did you get the T tops with it? I noticed they are absent in the picture. What all does it need work wise ,is it actually drivable at this stage?

Shiney side up greasy side down
monzaguy
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 12:35:19 am »

Nice ride, is it a FORMU LA ?

Shiney side up greasy side down
Backtothe80s
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 01:15:03 pm »

Hi Monzaguy,

It's a 1988 GT with the factory authorized t-top RPO option "CJB". One of 614. What you see in the first picture is when I got the car(I have changed things since- like the wheels).  Yes it came with everything including T-Tops and ran and drove.

It was built the day the factory closed as per PHS documentation.  I actually put about 10k last summer on it.  It's a southern car with zero rust.  As per my wife it's for sale!  As per me not a chance! LOL!

I tried to add more photos but it states I'm at my limit?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:30:53 pm by Backtothe80s » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Fiero width - need help! « previous next »
Jump to: