Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:07:19 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Re-keying locks « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re-keying locks  (Read 1195 times)
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« on: November 11, 2015, 08:28:46 pm »

Has anyone ever (successfully) had a lock cylinder re-keyed?

I was working toward de-hibernating Kitten's '84 today, and ran into a borked decklid lock cylinder which required destructive means in order to pop the lid.  We have a spare cylinder & matching key ready to swap in, but it would be preferable to have it matched to the door locks.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 07:45:59 pm »

I remember when I was talking with the Acura dealer they said there was a locksmith on St Laurent near McArther that they recommended for just such a thing..... I'll look them up.

They were called Lock Solutions, 954 St Laurent.

I have taken apart a few cylinders, and there is always a way for a crafty person to re-key the locks themselves.  You might have to make a few tools from scratch though.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Re-keying locks « previous next »
Jump to: