Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:23:44 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Forum Activity Due to Downed Fiero « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum Activity Due to Downed Fiero  (Read 5264 times)
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« on: July 26, 2015, 11:55:50 pm »

There is so little activity here these days.  This board used to be so busy back when everyone had stock cars.  Then somehow we seem to have all got the big idea to make our cars AWESOME!  so now hardly any of our cars are even running.  We can't do cruses, we can't do track days.  All we can do is lurk in the background and hope that the boxes of parts we have install themselves and that money magically appears in our wallets so that we can finally buy the last parts we need to finish our projects.

Am I being cynical here.  Are we all busy or just old now?  Or is it that we are all broke now because the economy sucks?

When I started my Fiero dream I was in my twenties.  Now I'm forty.  It's hard to believe that it's been so long...and my car still looks so awesome...I just wish it was on the road.

I'm done ranting for now.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 10:11:01 am »

Some folks may have simply moved on from the hobby as well.

Personally I've been busting my ass to build a motorcycle service shop from the ground up for the last six years, but until it starts turning a profit I have to keep a better-paying desk job, so I've burning the candle at both ends all this time.  A few things had to give, and maintaining 30 year old cars was one of those things.

We had six Fieros here at one point; slowly thinning the herd and now we're down to 2 1/2.  We'll probably keep the last pair, which are the his & hers cars which we more or less started with.  Throw fresh rubber & fluids on one of them and it should be good to go; the other, is the stalled L67 swap in my sig.  The money aspect of it is manageable, the time to finish the swap just doesn't exist at the moment.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 02:02:16 pm »

I'll probably have my fiero  for another month before I never drive it again. I went on one cruise with one other fiero. I was always kinda disappointed at this "club" because we have such unique cars and never get to have meets or cruises.
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 05:25:30 pm »

I finally have a Fiero on the road after 5 years with out one
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 12:27:58 am »

I suppose most of us have old cars, and if your not good with the wrench it gets kind of awkward, to keep up with it.  But for the core of us that stick it out I do predict that it will get better as time goes on.

Personally I drive the shit out of my cars and love company.  So that should help a little once it's back on the road.

On with the task at hand....CAD.

Cheers guys to all that still come around to see of any of our hopes are coming back to life.  We probably only need three busy members to bring life back into this board.....I suppose posting photos would help too.

Talk soon,

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 04:53:54 pm »

If you guys ever want a 944 hanging around the group let me know Smiley
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 12:36:39 am »

If you guys ever want a 944 hanging around the group let me know Smiley

I lot of guys used to come out with their daily drivers because their Fiero was under repair or renovation.  Some guys had even come out because they were interested in Fieros but didn't own one.  So everyone is welcome.

can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 10:02:43 am »

I'm still here too! I think I have only driven my Fiero about 20 times in the 8 years I have owned it. Kids and life has gotten in the way over the last few years. I have been collecting parts and I'm starting to work on it again. I've just started to pull apart the 3800 sc that I got a few years back and I have all new struts, springs shocks and bushings for it too. My plan has always been to autox the car so hopefully that will happen next summer or the one after that.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 09:46:15 pm »

Can machine;  Don't forget to collect me before you go out to your events.  I want to do some autox too.

can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 09:59:57 am »

Sure thing aaron88. I'll post some pictures as my project continues. They are laying down new pavement this year at the Canadian Tire Center looks nice!
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 02:44:28 pm »

hit me up if you guys do AutoX i'd be there
monzaguy
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 10:45:41 pm »

I see its an old post so my question is did any of you 3 ever do any Autoxing? me got dew wipes into the car (finally) a new passenger window installed, door skins pinned back in place and the rocker pannels bolted tight to the body. All done in a week. (Im retired) so that helps somewhat. Been doing the car show sercet out here. Only 3 of us show up which is sad but people do have other priorities. My kids are grown and out of the house,so its kind a me and the cars now. But Im lovin it. Got some new shocks and struts,and most likely will install them sometime soon.  How does one post pix on this site?

Shiney side up greasy side down
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 05:42:15 pm »

AutoX is still in my future plans. I went and had kids,  now that they are 8 and 10 I have a little more time to start working on the Fiero again. I use http://imgur.com/ to host the pictures and link them in the post from there.
monzaguy
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 11:43:10 am »

My kids left the nest long ago. Ones 24,and the other is 29. My youngest brings her car,or the boyfriends car over when they need something fixed. 2 weeks ago she needed a bunch a suspension work done ,but also needed the car. I VERY relctantly loaned her the Fiero,with the usual cautions. Brought it back in one piece, and just raved about the attention it got everywhere she went. People were taking pix of it,asking questions,etc,etc. In the 4 days she had it,she fell in love with it and all its querks,even the armstrong steering. So I guess theres still hope for the younger generation picking up on these one of a kind cars. I use to hear stuff like "you should get ride of that old car and get something more safe" so I got a Caliber SRT/4 and a PT/GT turbo convert for the wife,but I like the Fiero best. My youngest is always wanting to borrow it now,whenever her car is out of comish, yep,the sure dont make cars like they use to.

Shiney side up greasy side down
2m4pbody1
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 04:03:19 pm »

Hay all. Got my first Fiero about 6weeks ago. I knew what I was getting into but still bought the little guy anyway. It's 84 2m4. With 102345 miles. It's originally from Houston Tex. I believe I'm the forth owner. Has issues but I'm working on a plan to get it back to a descent ride. I have a question about the OBD. What's a good brand?  I need one for my 87s I have two firebirds of that year. Kind of went on a buying spree this past year. Buy the way the Fiero is fun in its own way. Thanks for letting me join.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Forum Activity Due to Downed Fiero « previous next »
Jump to: