Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:22:39 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Looking for a fiero with a swapped engine! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for a fiero with a swapped engine!  (Read 2592 times)
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« on: March 31, 2015, 12:37:05 pm »

Hey everyone, lately I've been looking to sell my 88 formula with the stock 2.8 and buying a Fiero with a swapped engine(ideally northstar or 3800) does anyone know anyone that would be willing to part with their car?
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:09:16 pm »

Just as a point of curiosity, what is the reason you are looking for a car already swapped as opposed to having someone do a swap for you?  Your 88 already has a few advantages over on older model (other than it has to be E-tested).

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 10:27:17 pm »

Since I only have one car I can't have it gone for a month while the swap is being done. I just need to get in and go
88formula
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 07:47:05 pm »

where could i get a swap done, and whats the price point.. for future considerations....
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 12:48:34 am »

Depending on the type of motor you are looking for and the amount of power you want it to make, you would be looking at $2500 to over $14 000, just for the labour.  All the parts and motor are extra.

The reason for the price variation is that a swap can take from 50 hours to 400 man hours.

The best bang for your buck is probably a 3.8 supercharged.  The best value is probably a turbo Ecotec, and the most nostalgic would probably be a turbo or blown Northstar, (but you'd get better performance out of an LS7).

Just a really short list because you can virtually go on forever about it.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 10:27:54 pm »

yup F that i'll just buy a fox body
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 08:57:22 am »

I still do 3800 swaps and moving back to Peterborough in June so will be closer now. Cost is $2500 for labour and turn around is usually two weeks depending on condition of car as rusted or seized bolts do tend to slow things down some. Also can do it as a turn key swap with me supplying every thing for the swap in the $4500 area depending on tranny used.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Looking for a fiero with a swapped engine! « previous next »
Jump to: