Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:31:54 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: '86 se with a few modifications « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: '86 se with a few modifications  (Read 4271 times)
fierodude
« on: January 05, 2012, 06:24:48 pm »

Well I’m looking at picking up a mill soon, and this little baby is taking up most of my shop space. So she needs to find a good home. I’ve got a handful of pics here http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh114/fierodude/fiero%20for%20sale/  but I have a couple hundred I’ve taken over the build. Here’s the list of most of what I can remember that’s been done to this car. The asking price is $4000 with the new nitrous kit or $3500 without.

Engine
-3.4L pulled from a ’94 Camaro with 100K on it
-port matched intake and exhaust runners, and intake manifold
-1.7: roller rockers
-fresh paint on engine
-solid engine mounts
-Edelbrock performer intake with modified plenum
-professionally built 750cfm Quadrajet carburetor
-polished aluminum carb hat with 4” ducting and dry-flow filter
-255LPH Edelbrock fuel pump
-Mallory billet aluminum adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-exhaust 1.5” primaries leading into true dual 2” exhaust
-(2X) Flowmaster 40 series
-stock chrome trumpet tips
-A/C removed
-MSD coil and wires
-Griffin aluminum radiator rated to handle an 800HP engine
-140 amp alternator with custom bracket
-custom battery tray and hold down
-NX nitrous kit adjustable for 50-250 shot

Drivetrain
-’84 3.32 geared 4-speed
-solid trans mounts
-diff spooled

Suspension

Front
-control arms and sub frame converted to accept coil overs
-QA1 1 7/8” 82 series revalvable shocks
-QA1 400 lb/in springs
-1 3/8” sway bar with hiem joint end links
-all poly bushings in control arms
-tubular upper control arms with easy to adjust camber bolts

Rear
-custom rear sub frame
-KYB struts with Bilstien adjustable sleeves
-QA1 400lb/in springs
-7/8” sway bar with poly end links
-custom toe link to eliminate factory bump steer
-all poly bushings in control arms
-modified to allow easy adjustment of camber

Steering
-rack modified to allow solid mounting to sub frame
-strut mount removed to allow more rack travel
-grease nipple added
-stops on control arms modified to allow further travel

Brakes
-stock 7/8” bore master
-adjustable proportioning valve
-combo valve removed
-lines rerouted for clearance and convenience
-Cupronikle hard lines (will never rust, and stronger than steel)
-braided steel flex lines

Front
-10 1/4” vented rotors off a GA
-’02 Malibu aluminum calipers

Rear
-stock rotors
-stock front calipers
-Willwood manual spot caliper for parking brake

Exterior
-drip rails removed
-stock wing painted satin black to match rockers
-“glass” removed from quarter windows and smoothed
-“custom” sun faded, flaking, and dirty white paint (unless you like ugly it’ll need a paint job)

Interior
-completely stock ’86 SE

Wheels
-14x6 stock “turbo” style rims sand blasted and painted black
-front 215/60R14 crappy tire specials
-rear 265/50R14 radial T/A’s
-extra shiny green anodized aluminum valve stem caps
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:52:00 am »

Wheels
-14x6 stock “turbo” style rims sand blasted and painted black
-front 215/60R14 crappy tire specials
-rear 265/50R14 radial T/A’s
-extra shiny green anodized aluminum valve stem caps

That's a 10 1/2" tire on a 6" wheel.  A little wider and you'd have a roll-in profile like a motorcycle.  Wink

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 02:50:01 pm »

Wow you've put alot of work into that car. It would be a shame but you might get more $$$ by parting it out.
fierodude
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 12:18:20 am »

i could never bring myself to part her out. plus that would invlolve taking up more space. i'm trying to go in the other direction.

as for the tires to me they are the coolest looking thing ever. it's got that fat muscle car look to it. and suprizingly they are wearing even across the tread. the downside is there a pair of radial T/A's from the 80's, so just take a guess at what kind of traction they have.

i do have a nice set of 275/40 goodyear F-1's for the car but i cant find a set of 17's in the right pattern that i think look good on a fiero. i'd love to stumble across a nice set old of BBS's. Afro
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 09:56:18 am »

i could never bring myself to part her out. plus that would invlolve taking up more space. i'm trying to go in the other direction.

Ya I hear you. What kind of mill are you looking for?
fierodude
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 06:58:24 pm »

honestly i'm not sure this will be my first foray into machining. mostly i've been looking at stuff i find on kijiji. my only limits are it has to fit in the shop, run on 220, and be less than $2000. which most of what i've seen is in the 36" bed range, and even a few with 80's looking CNC setup's.

but i've reached a point now were almost all my projests keep running into the limitation of "well that part doesn't exist" so the proper soloution is to start making the parts myself. Cool
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 08:47:38 am »

Have you ever AutoX your car? You might want to advertise it on the MCO board. (www.mco.org) it would be a good cheap AutoX car for someone.

Be careful of the older CNC systems. Finding parts or someone to repair them can be difficult. The Acu-rite Millpwr systems are really good and easy to use but they rarely come up for sale and usually sell for more than $2000. We have eight of them at work.
mike85gt
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 08:15:23 pm »

Hey fierodude....

You said you would love to stumble across an old set of BBS's for your car.......well today is your lucky day dude!  I just happen to have a set in my garage which I bought back in 85 for my 85 GT!  I used them for autocross racing only and have probably only seen about 200 km's on the car.  They are mint, as good as new!  I think I paid about $1600.00 for them at the time!

Mike
fierodude
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 09:51:14 pm »

I didn't even know there was autoXing around here. Ottawa is a bit of a trek but if I still have her come summer, I’ve got a road trip to make.

Ya I haven't even bothered looking at ones were I don't recognize the brand. But the problem is, being new to this I don't recognize most of the brands. lol I don’t suppose you can convince your work to drop one off real cheap eh? Afro

Mike

Well they sound out of my price range. But I’m interested size, specs, price, and pics pls.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 07:23:14 pm »

Where do you live? The AutoX is run in the parking lot at Scotia Bank Place (where the senators play)

As for the mill we don't sell any we just keep buying them as they come up an hording them all to ourselves. LOL. I'd like to get a little mill at home like this http://www.syilamerica.com/. But I should get my lathe I've had sitting for 3 months set up and running first. I'll let you know if I come across anything.

fierodude
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 10:57:33 pm »

I’m in Belleville so a 3 hour drive taking the scenic rout. shannonville is a 15 min drive down the road so i can get out there to play every now and then. but its just pay per lap and drag racing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: '86 se with a few modifications « previous next »
Jump to: