Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:34:59 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: window tint « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: window tint  (Read 3277 times)
88formula
Fiero Know-it-all

« on: March 08, 2011, 06:36:36 pm »

since this year engine mods are out of the picture, I want to make the car look good, perfect if i could say.
first thing come spring I'll get my summer rims on and go get the tint done...
I'm sure many of you out there have gotten it done, so where have you gone and what service have you gotten.
im more worried about sure quality over price, but im thinking it should be able to get done under 150

and what darkness should i get? darker in the back? suicide strip on the front?(even though im thinkiing not)

and as for getting decals, I want a pontiac decal for the front windshield, once again, anyone got a good place to look?
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 06:26:13 pm »

My personal preference, particularly on cars with a low roof line, is 5% in the rear.  It helps to tame following headlights.  Going that dark however produces challenges for some when it comes to reversing at night.  Smiley

Side windows darker than 35% will earn you some unwanted attention at times from the authorities.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
88formula
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:28:36 pm »

Thanks, i hope i'll get to it
Church
Fiero Owner

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:39:18 pm »

I'm going 5% in the rear, 20% on the side this spring. Where are you going to get you tint done? I'm debating if I should back to Autotrendz but they fucked up my wiring last time I got a remote starter installed over there.
88formula
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 08:45:13 pm »

im thinking pearl
...nsa...
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 06:15:19 pm »

I have always gone to the glass shop on Clyde... treat me well, good service; I had some bubbles in the drivers glass on my van, ripped off the tint, fresh piece installed.

I am also sending one of my wife's friends in soon as well as tinting the front windows on her car... 3 cars should net a better price for all!
FIERO-JOE
Fiero Know-it-all

30 years old!!

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 01:52:01 pm »

U have to think about color?? i know that wounds silly to say... but if u DONT have an alarm in the car with motion sensors.. ( will explain that after)

then go to   Langlois Sound Performance & Detailing
279 McArthur Ave Vanier, ON K1L 6P3 - (613) 744-1592

the Tint they use is a metalic tint that does not purple over time as with INK colored tints sold at most places.and do-it-urselfs  i had mine done for under 150.00 with nothing on the front window..
5% on back 20 on sides.. looks great and has not discolored yet.. thats a fews years ago

the metalic in the window tint played havic with my viper alarm motion sensor on my sunfire
and had to have it removed and replaced with a colored tint.. (Which has purpled over the years).. thats what i mean by color..
hope that helps..

joe

Should there be this many extra screws?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: window tint « previous next »
Jump to: