Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:31:43 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 3m tape for GT quarter window « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3m tape for GT quarter window  (Read 1353 times)
UrbanFusion
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:21:27 pm »

Hi all i jusy got my replacement GT quarter windows, only problem im having now is tracking down the special 3m acrylic foam tape - Y-4225. Ive been to a number of suppliers in ottawa trying to track this down. The closest i found was the tape for the non-gt sails which is onle 1.3mm thick. The stuff i need is white and 3mm thick. Anyone know where i could find this short of ordering online? Also, the 3m cleaner 08984, could be useful for getting the old residue off as well. The last thing i want is for these windows to go airborne! Thanks all!
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:52:11 pm »

Use two layers.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dimeadozen
Fiero Know-it-all

Mia: March 17, 2010- The Safety

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 02:05:20 pm »

When I did my Windows I had a feeling the tape would not stick, So where the wondow is black I used bulldog premium cocking and Around the edges I used the tape.

Of course the Tape has let go in one spot but the bulldog is holding strong Smiley

If I just spend a little more money...
UrbanFusion
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 02:11:28 pm »

Hey all, thanks for your tips! Im still on the fence about which direction to go. Im now wondering if actual windshied adhesive would work in this application? Anyone know if this might work? Not sure how it would work with the acrylic as opposed to glass. Thoughts? Thanks again!
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 08:50:47 pm »

It will work, but in both cases the real trick is the preparation.  If the surface is not preped right then it doesn't matter what you do.

Don't forget to re-install the 60lb test (use new) so you can pull out the 1/4 window next time you need to.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 3m tape for GT quarter window « previous next »
Jump to: