Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:58:31 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: just me or what? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just me or what?  (Read 2181 times)
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« on: December 02, 2009, 11:38:39 am »

Insert Peter Griffin quote: You know what really grinds my gears?

So the HST plans to screw everyone over, why is nobody making an issue about it....lets bend over and take it.

The Climatic Research Unit e-mail hacking incident.  Media must be in on it...or you would expect the whole world to be in rage over this bs! Grab the goods here and see for yourself.

One example...
To: ray bradley ,mann@xxxxx.xxx, mhughes@xxxx.xxx
Subject: Diagram for WMO Statement
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:31:15 +0000
Cc: k.briffa@xxx.xx.xx,t.osborn@xxxx.xxx

Dear Ray, Mike and Malcolm,
Once Tim’s got a diagram here we’ll send that either later today or
first thing tomorrow.
I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps
to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from
1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline. Mike’s series got the annual
land and marine values while the other two got April-Sept for NH land
N of 20N. The latter two are real for 1999, while the estimate for 1999
for NH combined is +0.44C wrt 61-90. The Global estimate for 1999 with
data through Oct is +0.35C cf. 0.57 for 1998.
Thanks for the comments, Ray.

Cheers
Phil

Prof. Phil Jones
Climatic Research Unit Telephone +44 (0) xxxxx
School of Environmental Sciences Fax +44 (0) xxxx
University of East Anglia
Norwich Email p.jones@xxxx.xxx
NR4 7TJ
UK

My rant for the day before hitting the self destruct button!
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 06:24:23 pm »

There are far too many government people/scientists pushing this one down the hill.  No way to stop it.  Too many top dawgs are making a killing as well.  Billions and billions have been wasted that could have actually cleaned up some real pollution.

Had they been testing chocolate chip cookies and Phil was playing with the chip count, it would be a whle different ball game.

Might be time to start our own talibanny, I'm building a minaret in my yard.  On a cold night you may be able to hear me yodelling.   Evil
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 11:12:31 pm »

This is a good example of the government making changes that help the rich people get richer and the poor people pay more.

Lets say you own a company that funds a government representative.  Lets also say that your company buys a lot of materials that you use to manufacture, re-sell, or re-manufacture.  When the HST comes into effect all companies that purchase goods that they pass on to another (be it a person, or other company), will have the luxury of getting all the HST back from the government come tax time not just the 6% GST (as before).

The bottom line is.  Every piece of material or equipment is now 8% cheaper for the company to buy.

Now I bet your happy you and that government dude had a good talk as to what you want them to do with the money you gave him.

This is no joke.  The company I work for estimates that it will save almost 1 million dollars next year.

Aaron

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:15:17 pm by aaron88 » Logged

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 07:12:07 am »

The bottom line is.  Every piece of material or equipment is now 8% cheaper for the company to buy.

...which leads to the official buy line which is being waved at consumers, which is one of "retail prices will drop due to a decrease in manufacturing costs."

While in theory this could happen (and did, according to an article I read about the separate-to-harmonized transition in the Maritimes), I ain't holding my breath.  I just don't have that kind of faith in business.

There's way too much support by those who pull the strings to stop it however.  We might come close if the entire province would start a tax revolt, but the majority of Canadians don't have the balls to do it IMO.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: just me or what? « previous next »
Jump to: