Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:37:44 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: '88 Front Licence Plate Bracket « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: '88 Front Licence Plate Bracket  (Read 1461 times)
Madscanner
Fiero Owner

« on: November 27, 2009, 06:30:04 am »

Hi Folks

I'm after a front licence place bracket for my '88 Formula (I understand that they are different to all the others).

If anyone has a spare one, I'll be in Ottawa for a couple of weeks next month.

Contact me by PM, please.

Ciao!

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 06:31:40 am by Madscanner » Logged

'88 Formula
'85 SE 2M6
'93 Eunos Roadster
'01 Fiesta Zetec S (for when I need more than 2 seats!)
'06 Vauxhall Astra (for when the Fiesta gets sold)
'01 Yamaha Dragstar
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 10:59:34 am »

Good luck.  For what it's worth you can also find that licence plate bracket on cars from '87 with the same nose.  That doesn't help the availability though.   Roll Eyes  Smiley

We have that fascia on one of our cars, and I cobbled up a plate mount using an acrylic licence plate cover, a few plastic rivets, and a couple of hings.  It currently hangs from the under side of the nose where the original plate mount would have been.

I don't care for the appearance of it, but it earns less attention from the police than a lack of front plate does, and having it hinged gives the fascia some relief from un-dodgeable obstacles.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 05:44:31 pm »

I looked at the 87 fascia I have here.  Seems to be just a rectangular area, but has a slight outward bow to it. 

I don't see why any GM (or likely other make) plate holder would not work.  You could either slightly bend the plate to fit the fascia, or add a small spacer piece at the back.

Should be easy to whip something up.
Madscanner
Fiero Owner

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 09:25:35 am »

It's certainly not a problem to mount a generic one - I was just after a "proper" one...  Wink

'88 Formula
'85 SE 2M6
'93 Eunos Roadster
'01 Fiesta Zetec S (for when I need more than 2 seats!)
'06 Vauxhall Astra (for when the Fiesta gets sold)
'01 Yamaha Dragstar
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: '88 Front Licence Plate Bracket « previous next »
Jump to: