Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:16:13 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Anybody need stuff off of an '84? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anybody need stuff off of an '84?  (Read 2982 times)
MacPhail
« on: June 12, 2007, 11:53:27 pm »

I'm slowly taking the body panels off of the '84 and will be keeping the hood, trunk, fenders and doors (the roof is already swapped).  I also plan on keeping the interior so that I have a winter project.

Does anybody need an engine or stuff?Huh  Dan?  What about you?  I have the sunroof glass that I'd like to give back to you since you were so kind to put it on 'cause mine was a bit warped.

Oh...and I'm not exactly mechanically inclined, so I may need in getting you the part you want.   Embarrassed 

Let me know!  No hurry, as at the rate I'm going, it could take me a while still.  Wink  I can now understand why Gary has taken so long to get his car on the road...I take back all the fun I poked at you!

Cheers, Derek
PhilTheThrill
Fiero Owner

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:11:42 am »

Hey i may need the clutch slave cylinder also a handbrake oh and the alternator if it works.
grinder
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 11:12:53 pm »

Hi Derek,
I would be interested in the engine and any wiring harness in the engine compartment. Also looking for a battery heat shield and the hold down brackets. Could use a driver's side mirror (manual control).
Garry
MacPhail
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 12:22:26 am »

Sounds like a car dissembling party in the making.  BYOT (Bring Your Own Tools)?

Should have brought it over to your place, Dan, had I been able to find a trailer (I think the tires would hold for a dolly).

Everything in the car works I believe, with the exception of the headlight motors (it's an '84 and I think it has issues).

Phil and Garry...you guys want to come over and pull out what you need?  I can drink beer and supervise.  Wink  Anybody else looking for stuff?

Cheers, Derek
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 06:29:08 am »

Hi Derek,

What sort of shape is the sail panel glass, and (more importantly in our case) the plastic frames which the glass sits in?

We have good glass in Sacha's car, but the frames look like they had close encounters with a heat gun in their former lives.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
grinder
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 06:51:41 am »

Hi Derek,
Can load up the tools for a road trip to your place.
What day and time would be good for you and more importantly what brand of beer do you drink?
Garry
MacPhail
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:01:33 am »

Coors Light.   Afro

Almost any day and time is good for me as I'm currently not employed.  What works best for you?

Cheers, Derek
grinder
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 12:05:28 pm »

Hi Derek,
Have to fill in for my boss at work for the next couple of weeks so only time I could get down would be on the weekends. Is this Saturday good for you?
Garry
MacPhail
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 05:00:40 pm »

I won't be around this Saturday as we're off to Toronto for the day (baseball and then maybe women's roller derby!).   Of course, I guess I don't really need to be here if you're ok with that.

Cheers, Derek
MacPhail
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 05:02:26 pm »

What sort of shape is the sail panel glass, and (more importantly in our case) the plastic frames which the glass sits in?

You can see some warping on the sail panels.  Same thing:  Looks like a heat gun came in contact with parts of them.  I'll take some pics for you though   Afro

Cheers, Derek
grinder
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 10:16:43 pm »

Hi Derek,
Could you email me a number where I can reach you so we can see what works for getting the engine from the car. My email is in my profile if you don't mind emailing me.
Thanks,
Garry
MacPhail
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 07:30:44 pm »

Actually, the sails are in really good condition...much better than mine.  Wink

Will you be coming through Kingston anytime in the next week or so, or would you like me to pull them off and I'll bring them to the next GTG?

Cheers, Derek
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 07:22:07 am »

Will you be coming through Kingston anytime in the next week or so, or would you like me to pull them off and I'll bring them to the next GTG?

We'll be in the Shannonville area from Monday night through to Tuesday night, but our time is limited on the journey home (dog-sitter timing).

If you have time to pull 'em off between now & Tuesday we can swing by for a quick visit, otherwise waiting until July would be fine.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
NoFiero
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 10:30:42 am »

I could use a passenger side headlight door if one is available!

Let me know

Thanks
MacPhail
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 10:05:52 am »

I could use a passenger side headlight door if one is available!

I took off a black passenger side cover for you.  How shall I get it to you?

Cheers, Derek
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Anybody need stuff off of an '84? « previous next »
Jump to: