Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:33:37 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Anything to do in ottawa? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anything to do in ottawa?  (Read 1955 times)
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

Minority in my home town. Thanxs MEL!!!

« on: December 17, 2006, 12:13:15 am »

So, what do you guys do for fun in Ottawa? We'll be leaving Toronto in about 8 hrs and heading your way to pic up a fiero from WillEV. Can't refuse such a deal and think Spooky (new owner) already has plans laid out for the car  Cool   Planning to meet up with fellow fiero addict "Mister" (gtfieros; montreal fiero club; Pennocks) for a late lunch if he has the time to drive out from Montreal to Ottawa. Any place recommended to eat and close to a major highway?  Huh 

Hope this trip to ottawa turns out better then the last one during Aylmer show. Then again, it's the same outcome, fiero being towed back home from Ottawa, but this time we're doing the towing.

Blue car with failed Fuel Pump  Angry

Tow truck they sent 1hr+ waiting

Talk about overkill

Have another pic of tow truck setting up and in every picture, you see my fourways during thier ON cycle  Cool

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 06:41:52 am »

So, what do you guys do for fun in Ottawa?

Wanna help Kitten & I do a bit of plaster work and painting, or move furniture & Fiero parts?   Grin

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 07:22:46 am »

So, what do you guys do for fun in Ottawa?

Wanna help Kitten & I do a bit of plaster work and painting, or move furniture & Fiero parts?   Grin

Hmmmm  I'm an electrician, not a drywaller.. not enough experience in that field  Undecided    Fiero on the other hand I know very well and done my share of moving too. Thanx for the offer of a job for one day though, been out of work since septmeber Afro  Sad 

Getting my thing together and on my way.

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 12:24:48 am »

Well, we made it back home but had an ordeal with U-haul!

No problem getting out there but after there  Undecided

1st off, went to the closet U-haul outside Greely, website said open 7 days a week, owner was not in! It's out of a gas station and only the gas attendent was there. Attendent called the owner and he was too busy to come in. 2 car haulers there on the lot! 

2nd: Started calling another U-haul, that went sour, so called head office, on hold for 1/2 waiting to hear about a car hauler... Sorry sir, forgot you were waiting!   then it was "the fiero would have clearance issuse with the trailer!" After arguing they gave us directions to a U-haul branch with trailer waiting for us in the heart of Ottawa.

3rd: filling out paper work, then go to hook up. One light doesn't work. Hmmm  test shows there's power but when connected no light.  Huh idiot spends almost an hour trying to figure it out, getting all fustraded and says it's my plug! trailer boy telling an electrician how a plug works! I go in, buy an extension adapter to rewire my trailer plug, decide just to hook it up first and VOILA lights work!   Azn  Got papers and left, didn't feel like telling Shaggy "I told you so, next time trust the electrician!" Meanwhile Rick's watching over to and he's a lisenced mechanic  Roll Eyes

get back to the fiero roughly 3 hours later, and takes about an hour to get it up on the trailer. I tire seezed and 1 flat. half way through we decide to unseeze the tire finally by taking it all apart. Using a come-along to pull the car on the hoist. Once loaded, 4:30ish we head home and try to find somewhere to eat, haven't eaten since 10am at the rest stop. Everything is closed after 5pm unless it's pizza DOH!  Didn't get a chance to eat in Ottawa or meet up with "mister"  During all this, I get a migraine attack and sleep most of the way home in the back seat. 6 foot guy sleeping in a 4 foot back seat.
Finally home at 10:30 pm and I had to go get groceries, soon to be wife tells me were out of milk! Angry 

it's after 12am and finally going to bed.

Other then u-haul, had a nice trip to ottawa, didn't see one fiero besides the one we towed home.

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 07:10:40 am »

Sounds like a typical U-Haul experience. Glad to here you made it home. Did the Fiero fit on the trailer alright? What did you end up paying for the car If you don't mind me asking. I looked at it a while back but it looked like more of a project that I wanted to get into.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 08:39:41 am »

Sounds like a typical U-Haul experience.

Yeah no kidding, especially when it comes to the places which do U-Haul on the side instead of rental being their main business.  We've been dealing with one such store just outside of Almonte for the moving van we've been using and they've been ok so far; just don't call and ask to rent something that the weekday staff of the place has never seen before.  Wink  Apparently even if Grand Master U-Haul says they have equipment X available at their dealers, if this guy has never seen equipment X in person, it does not exist.   Undecided

Glad to hear the ordeal turned out alright in the end, thumper.  I think most Fieros up here are hibernating at the moment...  Kitten & I saw a maroon 88 GT with QC plates mid-afternoon Friday, but that's been it pretty much since November.  We had the '85 out for a whole 30 minutes on Saturday to move it, but that was about it.  Smiley

I should have given you my phone number...  we were pretty much done moving stuff by Saturday evening.  Probably could have found some non-pizza to eat out our way, or simply fired up the BBQ and cremated something.  D'oh.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 10:04:50 am »

Probably could have found some non-pizza to eat out our way, or simply fired up the BBQ and cremated something.  D'oh.

Mmmmm    Tis the season   To quote a Bob Rivers parody:  Grin
Chipmunks roasting on an open fire, hotsause dripping from thier toes

I U-haul didn't screw us around, we probably could have met up for a bit to eat somewhere

I looked at it a while back but it looked like more of a project that I wanted to get into
yeah, it will be a big project, but not the worst one we've done so far. Back rails need to be rebuilt and so does the trunk. Interior is coming out and going grey, tan interior might go into the T-top for my better half.  Rick offered $300 the way it sat and they took it. Surprisinly though, he starte painting the car the same colour Rick wants it to be, but we got to take al the paint off, down to the original gold colour.

Well I'm off to pick up Rick now and bring this car to the shop, it's in my back driveway taking up both my parking spots still attached to the truck. It actually fit!  Shocked  Neighbors are probably saying, Not another one!  Grin

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
2ML67
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 08:49:05 am »

Last time I used a U-haul spent long time while they played with six different ones to get one working. I can understand neighbors as mine are getting used to seeing Fiero's coming and going all the time. At most have had nine Fiero's in my driveway at one time, luckily I am out in the country where no one seems to care.
Now is this going to be another V8 Fiero once completed. Dan
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 10:25:01 pm »

Now is this going to be another V8 Fiero once completed

That has yet to be decided. Will either be 3800 SC or LT1

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
2ML67
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 04:44:16 pm »

Another option would be the LS4 5.3 used in the newer FWD's. Dan
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 10:59:55 pm »

Another option would be the LS4 5.3 used in the newer FWD's. Dan

Too much $$$ to do that swap right now. Need to spend alot of time doing the R&D for it to which we don't have right now. Too many projects on the go.

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Anything to do in ottawa? « previous next »
Jump to: