Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:19:16 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: adjustable brake proportioning valve « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: would you buy one?
yes (don't care what it cost)   -3 (42.9%)
no   -2 (28.6%)
yes but, only if under $75   -2 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: adjustable brake proportioning valve  (Read 7715 times)
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 02:42:53 pm »

But I do think I can manage to get over to see Kitten at work this week if that's not too much to ask?

No problem at all.  She has them with her as of this morning.

Sorry about the delay!  I have been a little more busy than I had originally anticipated.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 02:51:58 pm »

Sorry about the delay!  I have been a little more busy than I had originally anticipated.

No prob, they're still waiting for you.  Just give us a day's warning before you want to pick them up.

They're in the back o f the Beetle at the moment and ifyou happen to drop by on a day we take the bikes to work, they'll be where you are not.  Smiley

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 08:02:09 am »

Poke poke poke...  Aaron, how are you making out with these things?

We're probably going to install the "Zettner" brakes on the 84 some time this season; would be nice to be able to fine-tune the bias.

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 11:28:21 pm »

Everything was done last year.  New prototype installed and working fantastic.

Unfortunately I haven't had any access to tools to make any more.

I might be able to work something out with a friend of mine if need be.  In my opinion it works so well that everyone with a Fiero shold get one even just to adjust the old weakened factory spring.

Best value brake upgrade for anyone that knows what they are doing.

Most dangerous brake upgrade for all those that don't know what they are doing (still worth it though).

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 06:34:54 am »

Most dangerous brake upgrade for all those that don't know what they are doing (still worth it though).

Aaron

My favourite category.   Wink
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 11:12:16 pm »

I will be making 6 adapters a week from now.  If someone want's one, please measure the nut on the rear of your combination valve (19mm or 21mm?).

Also, I would like to test the operation of this valve on a car (84-87) that has a large front brake upgrade combined with stock rear brakes and rotors.  The voluteer must be in resonable driving range of me, have time for and be willing to allow testing.  This volunteer will also receive a free valve (go figure).

Aaron

87GT
Fiero Owner

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 10:23:25 am »

Aaron,

I'll take one, (19 mm).

Let me know when available.

Gord
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 08:06:49 pm »

I will be making 6 adapters a week from now.  If someone want's one, please measure the nut on the rear of your combination valve (19mm or 21mm?).

We're in for two.  I'll measure the valves tomorrow and let you know the nut sizes.

Also, I would like to test the operation of this valve on a car (84-87) that has a large front brake upgrade combined with stock rear brakes and rotors.

I'll quite happily be your guinea pig, assuming that no one else has stepped forward yet.

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 10:22:21 am »

I'll quite happily be your guinea pig, assuming that no one else has stepped forward yet.

Done.

I'll be gone till latter in the week.

P.S. By the way everyone.  The 19mm nut allows adjustment of the rear brakes to higher pressures.  More on that latter.

Aaron

dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 05:24:06 pm »

We're in for two.  I'll measure the valves tomorrow and let you know the nut sizes.

One of each, please.  Both cars currently have valves with 21mm nuts, but one of our spares is a 19mm.  Give me a shout when you're back & ready to test, and I'm all yours.

34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 08:18:07 pm »

Put me down for one as well.  I'll have to get you the nut size later though...

tyler...
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 10:42:46 am »

If anyone is wondering what the delay is...I'm waiting for the o-rings to come in.  Because of the fluid in the braking system rubber o-rings can't be used, and there seems to be a delay on my EPDM order.

Thanks for waiting.

Aaron

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 02:50:05 pm »

O-rings are in!

dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 10:20:58 am »

Your lab rat is ready when you are.   Wink

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 01:18:52 pm »

I have posted an installation video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdkKM9o9b9k

Regards,

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: adjustable brake proportioning valve « previous next »
Jump to: