Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:25:10 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: WTB: Steering rack « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTB: Steering rack  (Read 1903 times)
Rob
« on: December 24, 2005, 12:48:35 pm »

Hey

Anyone out there have an old rack, doesnt have to be in good shape, I plan on rebuilding it. my car goes through these like there nothing, so I figure rebuild it, get those plastic bushings out of there, Im also doing a complete front end rebuild on my passenger side since thats the side that is giving me issues!

Thanks;
2ML67
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 10:25:49 am »

I may have one out of an 84 I stripped a while ago. Isn't that the side you already replaced the bushings on that the bolts wouldn't tighten on. Still think there is some thing missing like a washer or spacer. Dan
Rob
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 12:25:39 pm »

Yea, Im ordering new bolts and upper bushings as I think they are gone now too...  The bottom ones are fully tightened.. Im going to have to blow the bottom nut off to get them out, as my impact wont even loosen them now, and I didnt want to break the bolt without a replacement.. but it helps to have access to things like a press and air and a cutting/heating torch now! I figure I'll rebuild the rack and and the suspension and all should be good for sometime!

How much you want for the rack? will you be around this week?
2ML67
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 06:25:10 pm »

I should be here most of the week working on rewiring my car and redesigning my gauge pod so I can actually read the new aeroforce scan gauge I got. Dan
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 11:19:48 am »

Rob... what year is your front suspension from?

You mentioned plastic bushings in your first post, which suggests '88.  AFAIK you can't use a pre-88 rack such as Dan's, with an 88 suspension.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Rob
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 01:45:57 pm »

Iknow, I have an '87 with an already '84 rack in it... From what Ive read it has a plastic bushing in it.. I already ordered the wrench/new bushing/ 2 tie rods from Rodney dickman, should be here next week hopefully... Im in no rush. I still need to order the bolts and suspension bushing from the fiero store.
cowans
Fiero Know-it-all

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 08:39:42 am »

I have 2 racks for an 86!
1st: 86 rack with 86,000k, in good condition...
2nd: 86 rack, very tired, extended inner arms, pulled from my Koenig and replaced with POWER Steering(and I would NEVER go back) Smiley. You can have em both for$100.
Sandy
(w) 781-9653 (ott)
Rob
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 05:48:02 pm »

thanx, but Dan is just up the road from me so I will get the '84 one..
2ML67
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 08:20:15 pm »

I did some searching out in the shed, I found two good racks, I will leave them out for you to inspect and see if you want one of them. Should be home as I am finishing rewiring my car and doing upgrades to it. Dan
Rob
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 09:01:25 pm »

okay well I will try to get there, probley the begining of next week sometime
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: WTB: Steering rack « previous next »
Jump to: