Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:33:12 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: code 33 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: code 33  (Read 1028 times)
WillEV
« on: May 02, 2005, 11:56:41 pm »

ok I haven't ran my car for about 2yrs, when I put it away then the idel was slightly high. Well I put a new battery in it today and it was reving all the way up to 4000 rm. Sad
I checked the computer and it gave me a code 33 - MAP sensor or a vacum leak. I'm thinking vacum leak rather than the sensor.
What do you guys think, has anyone have this problem before?

Will
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 09:26:10 am »

Even if you do have a problem with your map sensor you still also have a vacuum leak.  I'm not sure how else you could have an idle that high?  Also check the positioning of the throttle plate and IAC (still a vacumm issue).

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Joe Fieroshop
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 11:15:47 am »

Will, do you have a V6? if so check the EGR pipe, sometimes they'll cause a high rev. vacum leak. One way to find out is by spraying cab. cleaner along the tube, especially at each end ( plenum base and EGR addap. base)
Hope I could have been some help to you, good luck.

Joe
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 12:11:25 pm »

Kill the vacuum leak, then worry about the MAP sensor if it's still blinking that pretty orange light at you.

Wouldn't surprise me if you had a failing vacuum line when you put the car away, and dry rot has done the rest of the work over the last two years of storage.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: code 33 « previous next »
Jump to: