Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:01:16 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: '87 GT for sale « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: '87 GT for sale  (Read 2120 times)
Rob
« on: March 09, 2005, 08:45:56 pm »

Well it has come down to this... I am putting the car up for sale, if no once buys it at my predetermined price in my head then I will fix it.. So here goes

For sale, Certified, not E-tested

'87 Fiero GT with 137 000 km on it
Auto, with all options except Sub
Paint is good, some areas of clear coat are coming off, but all in all it is good.

New Tires all around, tires have maybe 50km on them, replaced front bushings, lower ball joint for safety and put a new GM dog bone in it. new front brake rotors and Pads

the bad is the engine knocks once hot, I dont know what it is, sounds like its coming from the top, could be lifters could be much worse.

Im looking for $2000 for it, ive got over 5k in it now.. its less then half, if someone has the time they could put a used engine in it and resell for good money if they wanted.. I just dont have the time.

Of course if this doesnt sell, then it will be getting a new engine.. I can have pictures of it this weekend if anyone wants to see, interior is grey, VERY LITTLE RUST ON THE FRAME, this car was stored of the 5 years before I picked it up, never seen winter til this year, and its lived under a car cover this winter.

Thanks for reading guys

Rob
raunchy
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 12:25:14 am »

Hmmm...sounds like a possible push rod.Does the 87 have a knock sensor? Anyways sounds like a pretty fair price...looking forward to some pics this weekend. Afro
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 06:11:16 am »

Sorry to hear that, Rob.  There are a lot of 2.8 motors around by the look of it, if you decide to replace it.

I wouldn't budge from 2,000, as a good GT in Canada is worth double that safetied, etc.

Gary
GoFast88
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 07:54:12 am »

I just happen to have a "spare" 2.8 out of a 85SE and will be going by Bellville on the long weekend on March 25th. Talk to me
2ML67
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 03:13:42 pm »

Ah crap and I was so looking forward to putting a real engine in there for you. All comic relief aside it is a very nice car so I would say $2,000 is a really cheap price on this one. If you get a 2.8 to replace it with let me know if you need help changing it. Dan
fiero308
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 11:44:24 pm »

geez Rob
that is a drag; if you are bent on selling it then don' t move even 1 cent from that price; it is too low I think (and you are coming into 'selling' season - spring!).

and better yet; pick up a 2.8 (that someone is swapping out for a BIG motor Wink ) and throw it in........ they can't ALL be bad! Not interested in rebuilding the one you got? As long as it isn't cracked somewhere a rebuild is not that hard to do......
just a thought.
good luck whatever you decide.
gp
Fiero_power
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 06:51:46 pm »

anxiously awaitting pictures Smiley
Rob
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 07:49:28 pm »

No longer for sale!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: '87 GT for sale « previous next »
Jump to: