Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:55:14 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 2.8 v6? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.8 v6?  (Read 1772 times)
raunchy
« on: January 02, 2005, 07:12:05 pm »

Is there any difference between the GT 2.8 and the SE 2.8.I heard from a buddy the GT 2.8 has slightly larger valves thus giving more horepower!?!? ???He also told me to keep the GT heads if you were to swap a 3.1.
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 08:01:20 pm »

Early 2.8 motors had the smaller valve heads.  All Fieros had the 'HO' motors.  There are some very slight differences in output from year to year, but not worth mentioning.
raunchy
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 12:20:19 am »

Thnx Fierobuzz,i'll be asking questions from time to time.I'd like to drop a 3.1...can't really afford the 3.4,3800s/c,350 etc..I guess in order to swap,you'd need to drop the entire cradle..axle and all..eh?...sounds like a nightmare.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 09:36:40 am »

It's not as bad as it sounds.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
raunchy
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 04:26:11 pm »

Once the motor/cradle is lowered,how do you get enough clearance to pull it out from under the car.I don't think my jack stands will go that high..lol..i see lot of guys on this board have engine swaps..the northstar,man that awesome!!!If anyone knows of any web sites that guide you through these fiero swaps..let me know.I promise,i'll stop asking so many questions..lol Grin
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 05:20:09 pm »

http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=2.+Technical+Discussion+|AMP|+Questions&number=2&DaysPrune=2&LastLogin=

Use the seach function but be careful because it’s really word sensitive.  It only find the word you indicate.  But you’ll find all about how to remove the cradle with motor using only two jack stands, and or two jacks.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
raunchy
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 06:01:45 pm »

Found it!! thnx aaron 88.
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/058212.html
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 2.8 v6? « previous next »
Jump to: