Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:27:54 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Sightings  |  Topic: a nucking futs day today « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a nucking futs day today  (Read 1961 times)
mr.tourismo
« on: August 22, 2004, 10:58:57 pm »

as some might know already me and my dad are taking apart my 84 fiero for parts and we hade a TERRIBLE weekend.  having to remove the tranny(for a friend) and the front suspension(for my car)

Saturday:  we get to the fiero at around 4 pm and start removing the engine and tranny from a tree.  first off the strape was put in the tree with the winch , then the mounts were disconnected (all the wires and tubings were disconnect on first attemp of removing engine)  Roll Eyes .

then we find out the rear mont (hook look-alike) was hoooking down on the trunk area (we didnt find out), the engine was tuching the window and stuff so we kept on pulling, then after 4-5 hours disconnected axels and tranny.  the find out the engine desn't fit in the trunk  Angry . so we move the car  and get it in the pass side seat.

Sunday: we go back to move the car to greely where a guy is supposed to pick it up with a huge trunk with a hydrulic arm on top, BUT THE WHEEL FALLS OFF!!!!!  so we drag it back in the parking and deside to give it to a tow truck driver. i dont know how much tow trucks would want a car with 1 wheel Huh . but one says ok, but put the other on.  then we go to ''PRINCESS AUTO'' (my fav store) and get two BIG bolts and washers, and bolt the rear wheels on (even tho it's a bit side ways it turns  Undecided )  so get at it to remove the front end, no luck.  two bolts from the A-arms were stuck in the rubber bushings  Sad so we torch them, no luck. we grind them, no luck (the 4" grinder doesn't fit everywhere  Roll Eyes ) so we try to take the rack and pinion off, NO LUCK!!!! for some reasone, me (about 300lbs) jumping on it wont even budge (the bolts were loose and off Wink ) and so we decide to give up and call the tow truck driver.

once he got there, he walks around and says"Oh no, i wont tow it with the wheel like that!".  OMG!!! so he says tomorrow he can hav a flat bed come to pic it up.  and  plus he didnt even know what kind of car it was  Huh.   

so in the end he'll pick it up tomorrow and we agreed (me and my dad) to get it out today.

this IS MY TERRIBLE DAY!!!!!

i have pics but i dont know how to upload from my computer, not from the internet Huh any help guys?
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 08:45:21 am »

Replied over in General...  (http://www.fierodrivers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1971.0)

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
mr.tourismo
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 01:20:06 pm »

thx don, here they r
mr.tourismo
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 01:21:06 pm »

this is unlucky sunday, the damage of the fiero running into us  Roll Eyes and when moving the car out of the yard, THE WHEEL FALLS OFF!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 01:22:50 pm by mr.tourismo » Logged
mr.tourismo
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 01:27:45 pm »

bolted on the wheel, wobels Huh
mr.tourismo
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 01:29:07 pm »

and finaly got rid of it   Cry
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 02:37:40 pm »

this is unlucky sunday, the damage of the fiero running into us  Roll Eyes and when moving the car out of the yard, THE WHEEL FALLS OFF!

That's because you aren't supposed to tow a fiero without the axles in.  The axle nut keeps the rear wheels from popping off.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
WillEV
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 04:26:00 pm »

MR.Tourismo what part of town are you located?
mr.tourismo
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2004, 09:55:07 am »

Ottawa east.... st-laurent and montreal road
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Sightings  |  Topic: a nucking futs day today « previous next »
Jump to: