Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:58:27 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Pictures  |  Topic: Pics of my 240sx « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pics of my 240sx  (Read 2876 times)
lercs
« on: June 11, 2004, 01:02:23 pm »

hey guys

well i know it isnt a fiero, but its what takes up all my time right now, so i thought id post a pic up for all to see, please feel free to comment on the car

yes that is a green hood Tongue and no it isnt staying green

Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 01:27:03 pm »

nice, the gold rims look good on it

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
lercs
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 09:55:16 pm »

thanx Smiley
Rob
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 08:48:42 am »

Those are nice little cars! and hey at least the drive wheels are on the right side!

Good Job;
fiero308
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 08:29:53 am »

what year is that?  My son's buddy is thinking of buying one.  (Woops - maybe it is YOURS?!?!?  Grin )
But I am doubting that..... what do you know about them? What goes wrong/needs to be looked at? He is NOT mechanically inclined and I don't know that much about these particular cars.  I understand the early 90's ones had 4 whl steering?  Did that give a lot of trouble?  I also understnd there is an eliminator kit for it - is that by the mfr or aftermarket (that tells me something..... Roll Eyes )
Thanks for any insights; maybe send info off-site to my email........
gp
heheheha
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 08:25:16 pm »

My neighbor has on of these. And aside from the fact that he nailed a deer pretty good with it, it seems to be fine. He does irregular maintenance (basically, when he gets around to it), and it runs fine. It's a rear wheel drive, and I know some of these poor FWD kids have a hard time adjusting, especially in the winter Smiley My dad has own several Nissan's (a 200SX was the latest) and they are rock solid reliable.

As for the aftermarket; tons of stuff. The 240SX is a detuned Silvia, of which you can find many variations. There are tons of body kits to make it look like a Silvia, and if you are like my neighbor, you can hunt E-bay for a Silvia motor to drop in. Performance wise there is all the usual ricer goodies. I actually considered this car, then decided Fiero is the way to go Smiley Maybe you should fix your kid too Wink :lol:
lercs
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 02:02:41 am »

well you have to look for frame rot, every single 240 will have rust on the front frame just behind the wheels, that is the worst spot, thats about the only major issue, as well as other body rust, but its more visable.

great cars, runs great, but they are starting to get expensive(they are becoming the next honda civic for all the kids out there sad really Sad )

but anyways, it could have been my 240 cause i had one for sale, and i was keeping one, but probably not lol,

and the 4 wheel steering works great for normal city driving, the reason they have an elimination kit is becasue for the track the 4 wheel steer does not react quick enough for serious racers, therefore they take it out

so i wouldnt worry about it, and most of the cars dont have it(but mine does Tongue)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Pictures  |  Topic: Pics of my 240sx « previous next »
Jump to: