Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:28:47 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Product/Service Reviews  |  Topic: Audio Products « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Audio Products  (Read 4604 times)
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« on: May 16, 2004, 12:54:14 am »

Boom Box Reviews

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
JetJumper
Jetjumper
FORUM MASTER
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 10:28:51 am »

Boom box.. hehe.. well  I wil tell you guys what I did Smiley

I happen to have 2 large how audio speakers in my room, so I thought to myself, What happens if I take them an put them into my car... so.. I just some work, took the AMP that goes with the speakers that requires 110Volts.  That was an issue, so I then found the Invertor that we have.. Hooked it all up in my car, and now I have a little bit of boom bom in the car.. Wink

Total Cost: $0   Smiley
Ghetto LEvel: 100%
Bass Power: ~70WATTS
Inside BassFeeling: 8/10
Outside BassFeeling: 2/10

So in conclusion, its GREAT cause its free, and its not that noticable outside to other people intill they get inside the vehicle.

-----------------------
JetTech
www.jetjumper.ca
-----------------------
Fiero_power
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 07:02:10 pm »

I built a box myself after searching for a good size box for years.  I really didn't want to touch the fierwall as so many have done.  I built long box that fits behind the passenger and holds one 10' sub.  Sounds good, just not exesive like some people you hear coming from 3 blocks away.
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 11:45:56 pm »

I tried the box route and didn't get anywhere with it so stuck 10" subs under each seat skin. I screwed them to the metal frame and zipped it up. It works like a charm, it gives a nice thump to the lower back, there were no boxes to make, you can't see it and for the first time I can hear the radio when I am on the highway. Kevin
Fiero_power
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 03:53:47 pm »

Would your subs not sound alot louder with an enclosure?
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 05:06:15 pm »

The sound carries through the seat so it can be felt it as well as heard, I wasn't after loud. It isn't an obnoxious amount of sound as opposed to the sub I had in my console all that gave me was a sore right ear and my ears take enough of a beating at work. Kevin
heheheha
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 11:00:50 pm »

Has anyone put a sub between the two seats, in the same place as the Viper has it's speakers (or subs, I don't know)?
lercs
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 06:21:37 pm »

ive seen an 8 inch sub box made into the spot between the seats, i wouldnt recomend it though, computers are behind there, and subs are big giant magnets

computers dont like magnets :S

GoFast88
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 10:09:32 am »

I am looking for a "reasonable" sound system for the '88. Future shop sale has a mp3 sony for $199 installed. This unit:
 http://www.cardomain.com/item/SONCDXR3300
Anyone heard anything good/bad about this system?
Fiero_power
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 12:26:20 pm »

I just got a Sony deck from Best Buy about a week ago and sounds and looks good.  I have a friend who has the deck your looking at and as far as I know he's never had any problems with it.  I'd say if your looking for an MP3 player for the factory speakers that the deck is very good and at a resonable price I might add.
heheheha
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 08:56:58 pm »

Resurrecting an old topic...

Don't know WHERE you would do it...but anyone thought of glassing an enclosure? easier to make fit in small spaces, and much cooler looking...I've glassed a few small things and while relly damn messy, it isn't hard...
Fiero_power
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 06:13:23 pm »

I'm big into computers and audio.  If you come up with a good location to put it I just might try it.

Joe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Product/Service Reviews  |  Topic: Audio Products « previous next »
Jump to: