Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:19:17 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Product/Service Reviews  |  Topic: Mechanics « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechanics  (Read 3338 times)
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« on: May 16, 2004, 12:44:33 am »

Where do you go? Where should you avoid?

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
FieroDough
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 09:03:58 am »

Shameless plug. Good place to go: Check out my Sig. Wink

Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 09:16:41 am »

When I was in the area, I went to Moe Mankal (526-4472)he has a shop at Bank & Kitchener across from the LCBO. He is a good mechanic, I have never had a problem with him and he will work on Fieros as I have had mine in once or twice.
  I been using Erwin Andrews (738-3132)for a few years and have been happy with him. He has done some big jobs for me and doesn't mind if you tow in a wreck and drop it on his doorstep once or twice. He likes Fieros and things that go fast Aaron has to take him for a ride. Erwin is always asking me about the club and what is being done to our cars. He has a knowledgable staff one of them at least is a GM trained tranny guy.  He had a stint on CFRA with Counsell's show. He is the type to listen to you and do what needs to be done. 
                       Kevin
fiero308
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 08:27:36 pm »

West End Auto on CARLING AVE.  STAY AWAY!!! DON'T GO THERE EVEN FOR CHANGE FOR THE PHONE!!!!

Hopefully the emphasis makes my point....... Roll Eyes
I bought a vehicle from them and it has to be the worst lemon I ever got; they outright lied about things they would do (and said they "DID") and a number of things they would fix (I found out later to my expense and cost!!) etc etc.
What a scam shop.  Should be renamed to LCS Auto: Lie, Cheat and Steal.

I know I know that you are to expect sleeze from used car dealers; I am not new to this stuff, I have bought/owned about 45 vehicles by now, maybe more; I can't keep track.  But when you pin someone down on a repair and they insist that they WILL do it, and then later you follow up and they assure you that they DID do it...... then that is a bit much.  Especially on a number of items.  I think in retrospect that I should have taken it to an independent place for a safety check the day after getting it; I suspect it would not have passed.

After doing extensive repairs on a vehicle that now has 125,000km on it I have reason to wonder if it was one of those tricky dicky accident rebodies.  Came out of Quebec so impossible to go back aside from a bit of service history.  They won't cooperate on "write-off' claims.  Little things here and there make me wonder if it had some 'major' pieces worked into it.  Seemed strange on a fairly new vehicle with only about 60K km on it...

So it is the best help I can recommend to anyone.  Run, don't walk....... away.

Never ever go there.  Send your enemies there.
over and out.
heheheha
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 11:04:44 pm »

Stay away from G and G too...same situation as above, except that we went there maybe 15 times to get the problems corrected (figure 45 km one way), till we decided to take it to a different garage (had to pay for the work, but was cheaper than gas)...

Oh, and why is it lots of people are fearful of working on a Fiero?
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 12:40:19 pm »

Oh, and why is it lots of people are fearful of working on a Fiero?

I suspect that it's not so much fearful as uneasy.  With the body on backward the way it is, it completely messes up the equilibrium of the unenlightened mechanic.  Once the car is up on the hoist they spin hopelessly in circles trying to figure out which way right & left are.   Grin

...and what the heck, here's a plug for Tim's Service Centre in Carleton Place.  No BS, just good-quality work all 'round.  They're pretty much the first place I call when I can't do the job myself for any reason.  As far as I'm concerned their only shortcomings are lack of e-test facilities, and sometimes leaving greasy fingerprints on the steering wheel.  Smiley   Roll Eyes

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Fiero_power
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 11:16:53 am »

Fedlu Muktar (Beaver Auto just off Bantree rd.)  He's really honest and will get good prices for parts.  He'll always ask if you want rebuilt parts if possible.  He's another guy who doesn't mind your car being towed to his garage and just left there on the doorstep as I have had to do a couple of times. Huh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Product/Service Reviews  |  Topic: Mechanics « previous next »
Jump to: