Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:09:38 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: I need a....... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need a.......  (Read 2533 times)
JetJumper
Jetjumper
FORUM MASTER
MASTER FIERO

« on: August 28, 2002, 06:14:45 pm »

does Anyone know where I can get a 5SPD Tranny from.  I need one and fast.!!!!  New Engine hopefully going in next week and on friday (2days) the old one is coming out.  

I want a 5spd Tranmission.  If you know where I can get one.  PLEASE TELL ME!
I NEED ONE PLZ!

-----------------------
JetTech
www.jetjumper.ca
-----------------------
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 06:34:19 pm »

The 85 at Little's is the only one that I know of that has a 5 speed in it.  

Just wondering, why do you need a 5 speed?  It doesn't make your car go any faster, you know.   Or for that matter, any less likely to expire when abused.  Lips Sealed
JetJumper
Jetjumper
FORUM MASTER
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 07:13:51 pm »

5SPD = lower Reving...(Dad's Idea) Tongue

-----------------------
JetTech
www.jetjumper.ca
-----------------------
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 07:46:54 pm »

Driving speed limit....lower reving....Gary's idea!  Grin
JetJumper
Jetjumper
FORUM MASTER
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 10:04:21 pm »

or that too... Roll Eyes Undecided

-----------------------
JetTech
www.jetjumper.ca
-----------------------
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 07:44:26 am »

I have a 4 speed in my parter if you want to trade.

Your final drive 4:10

My final drive  3:65

Result lower reving......also less acceleration, but that's about what a 5 speed is as well.  The top gear is an overdrive, just not quite as much as the 5 spd.
FieroDough
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2002, 08:15:54 am »

Get a 5spd froma junkyard for $150.00 or so. ANY isuzu of a 2.5L from 80's early 90's will work. Smiley

Getrag = Wallet gets raped.

Isuzu = weaker tranny, better gearing, dime a dozen. Works for me! Smiley

BTW: Use car-parts.com Tongue

Cheers!
Eric
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2002, 08:58:05 am »

Don't forget that you'll need the stuff from the shifter to the tranny (cables, shift plate, etc) and I think that the clutch will be different as well.

Hehe!

FieroDough
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 09:51:18 am »

oh ya! forgot about that. Tongue

you need the shifter of a 5spd fiero. (any 5spd. )
you need the shift and select cables.. or do you?? is the 4spd compatible to the 5 spd issuzu? I know the getrag needs special cables, but issuzu ?  Oh yes! the connectors are different!  Sad

Call som recycling places near by.. I know there  is one in Gatineau ro near there that has a few Fieros. (called the guy a while back)

You will also need the %$@# issuzu brackets.  Shocked had a fun time finding those without a tranny bolted to it.

if you have the cash to forward, do like me. Tongue  ordered a clutch kit for a 2.5L fiero 5spd and a clutch kit for a 2.8L getrag (87 fiero 5spd), (same price) take the issuzu bearing from the 2.5 kit and take the clutch and pressure plate from the 2.8L kit. then return the other kit to Canadian tire. Smiley  Now you have the bigger clutch that fits nice in the issuzu. Not sure the 2.5L will make any use of it, but hey, better for same price. Smiley will reduce clutch heat. Smiley

What else.. axles are the same.. but get axle seal! only like $20.00 but worth it!

humm... 5spd sticker on your shift console.. some backup light wiering (easy to do)... what else.. thinking... Speed sensor is the same, use the gear on the sendor of the issuzu.. oh,. and a 4.9L caddy engine.
cheers!  Grin

Eric
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: I need a....... « previous next »
Jump to: