Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:56 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: ***Canadians should read this!*** « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***Canadians should read this!***  (Read 1833 times)
a.k.a
« on: December 03, 2003, 12:02:24 am »

Ok we as Canadians know that the winter is a mother sometimes…especially when it comes time to chip all the ice off your windshield…

So this got me (and dad) thinking…there must be a better solution than going out and buying winter wipers that lift off at high speed and fluid(s) that don’t hold up to their claims.

So after some discussion and many failed attempts, we came up with a solution! Heated windshield wiper fluid! Makes sense no? Another issue was that we wanted this to be a maintenance free system…always a plus. This mod will suit practically any make / model of car on our roads.

OK so this is what you will need to do this “modification”

-   3-5 feet (depending on application) of windshield washer tube
-   About 6 inches of some type of insulation
-   Duct tape or equivalent

Now all you have to do is disconnect the tube that connects off the reservoir tank nipple and that runs to the squirters

Grab your new tube and connect it to the tank nipple.

Then coil it around your upper radiator hose a couple of times making sure there is enough slack so you can connect the other end to the squirters.

After you have re-connected both ends of the tube, open and close your hood (if the tubes are fed under the hood) to check for enough slack.

Then take the insulation and wrap it around the coiled up tube on the radiator hose. And tape it up securely.

BOOM

You are done! Now all you have to do is fire up the car and as soon as you have heat on the feet, you will have magic ice melting fluid spraying all winter long!

As stated before, this is a maintenance free system so a yearly inspection should suffice.

a.k.a
FieroDough
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 08:16:15 am »

Hehehe, Canadian tire makes a device like that. it couples to a rad hose and there is a metal tube that goes through the hose into the coolant passage. Less hose. but still a good cheap idea. Smiley

Cheers!
Eric
a.k.a
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 01:01:54 pm »

he he, I hate spending money..lol
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 09:36:27 am »

I'm tempted to try this in Sacha's car, but if I do, I'll be going for the heater core inlet hose instead.  It's a much shorter run, and should see warm coolant before the radiator does...

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: ***Canadians should read this!*** « previous next »
Jump to: