Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:34:48 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: wtb: Lower Rad Mount and Headlight Motor « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wtb: Lower Rad Mount and Headlight Motor  (Read 1782 times)
87se_fiero
« on: September 08, 2003, 07:10:08 pm »

for 87 SE, looking for lower radiator mount as I have been told it's rusted and that the next big bump could make the radiator get road rash. I'd also need instructions on installing it. Would I have to take the Fiero's nose off or can I get at it from the underside?

Also looking for driver's side Headlight motor for a good price.

Thanks,

Etienne
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 08:03:12 am »

for 87 SE, looking for lower radiator mount as I have been told it's rusted and that the next big bump could make the radiator get road rash. I'd also need instructions on installing it. Would I have to take the Fiero's nose off or can I get at it from the underside?

Never done it, but having recently swapped noses I can say with reasonable certainty that you can change the lower radiator support from below.

Depending upon what type of nose is on your SE you may have to remove a few pieces which direct airflow up through the radiator, but that's about it.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
gtgold
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 02:00:02 pm »

Do you still need a headlight motor?

I have them off an 85 GT

Mickey  <<>>  592-8907
87se_fiero
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 05:38:23 pm »

Thanks. I just did a bit of studying and it looks like the 85 motors would not fit into an 87 car. Thanks anyways! Etienne.
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 06:56:56 pm »

Sorry...that's right Etienne, the 87 and 88 cars have a slightly differenty system for headlights. (more reliable)

The lower rad mounts tend to rust on cars that have been sitting in grass (wreckers) so I'd have a look at the one Mickey has.

Mickey: Did your daughter's car get repaired to your satisfaction?
Gary
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: wtb: Lower Rad Mount and Headlight Motor « previous next »
Jump to: