Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:15:36 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: !$#^&%& Fuel pump « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: !$#^&%& Fuel pump  (Read 2810 times)
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« on: July 03, 2003, 08:29:18 pm »

the good news is I have pipointed the bucking car problem, the bad news is it was on the way to work and the Fuel pump is toast. If anyone has one please let me know.

Also if anyone a decent coolant hose(the one that runs along the right side around the engine bay and is wraped in a foam) I think I'm going to need one of those as well judging by the newly accumulated pool of coolant under the car.

Thanks

Steve

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
Rebel
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 09:28:35 pm »

iam having same problem how did you come up withe the conclusion it was the fuel pump

Marcel have a nice day
Sentinel
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 09:56:43 pm »

About a week ago there were some serious issues where the car was bucking on take off, I thought I had fixed it by replacing plugs, but yesterday on the way the car started doing it again even at higher speeds so I had a feeling, made it to work and had a feeling it wouldn't start again, and sure enough.

You can tell when you turn your key forward there is a distintive (wrrrrr or whine ) from behind the drivers side. It is possible that it's a relay but there is a backup, if you keep cranking the oil pressure builds up and it'll bypass the relay but you need to crank it for awhile but it should fire in which case it's a bad relay(make sure you've checked fuses first). There is a way to test the fuel pump by applying battery voltage to one of the test terminals( 1 is to the right of the relays and the other is the relay itself   and listen for the pump. After that if it checks out ok, it get a lot less fun to figure out. That's what I'm doing tomorrow.

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
JetJumper
Jetjumper
FORUM MASTER
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 10:03:19 pm »

The relay is what caused a problem with the new red car I bought,  But that probaly doesn't help you much!

-----------------------
JetTech
www.jetjumper.ca
-----------------------
2ML67
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 10:30:48 pm »

Can not understand what the problem is. Those spark plugs were brand new with only 5,000km on them when you got the car. The plug wires also new as well as the fuel pump was a brand new 1995 Grand Am fuel pump. I put 5,000 trouble free KM on the car so I do not understand why you are having all these problems. Dan
Sentinel
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 11:19:53 pm »

Really Huh
Well maybe it's not the pump,whoo hooo Grin
I'll be playing with it tomorrow so hopefully I'll find something easy but right now it won't fire so spark or fuel hopefully I just missed the pump sound.

I seem to have that effect on Fiero's I must of pissed the God's off something fierce when I abused my first one.

Sentinel
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2003, 07:22:20 pm »

Well it seems I need to use the panic button with a little more discretion Roll Eyes. Thanks to Tylers keen eye  8)we moved from Fuel pump problem Angry to coil  :(to a tiny little connector which was loose  Undecided from the tranny, Dan what the hell is that connection anyway?

Thanks Tyler for the help, poor guy got suckered in to a clutch bleed and turned into a whole day, but she runs like butta' now.

Thanks for the help Grin

34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2003, 09:10:23 am »

Hey Steve, it was no problem.  Sure beat sitting around the apt doing nothing all day!  I'm just glad that we were able to get it running.

tyler...
Boy-z
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2003, 12:36:53 pm »

Steve Now if you just park the car and don't drive it you should be trouble free... ha ha
Sentinel
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2003, 10:37:01 pm »

naaaa I think that's what caused the prob, it got all pissed off having to sit for 2 months, still being a bit of a prob, stubborn coolant leak somewhere, but we'll soon have that taken care of.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: !$#^&%& Fuel pump « previous next »
Jump to: