Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:03:03 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Project Work Logs  |  Topic: 84 to 86 Duke retrofit « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 84 to 86 Duke retrofit  (Read 26262 times)
2ML67
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2004, 04:22:59 pm »

Been there done that wasn't it lots of fun. Would definitely agree though on how nice a job you did both in the work and in the documenting of it all. Now I would say you are ready to do your own 3800SC swap, so when do you begin one on your car. Dan
mr.tourismo
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2004, 03:05:51 pm »

wow, nice job...  i changed my mine about doing it too, i didnt feel like getting kicked outof my house Roll Eyes ....   howmuch time do u think u have left until it's done ??
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2004, 08:46:16 am »

wow, nice job...  i changed my mine about doing it too, i didnt feel like getting kicked outof my house Roll Eyes ....   

Having the space available definitely is a requirement.  You could make it a driveway/backyard job in warmer weather if taking over a shared garage is out of the question.

howmuch time do u think u have left until it's done ??

None...  she's finished, and currently on the road.   Grin

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2005, 08:31:24 am »

Just when you thought you'd never see this thread at the top of the list again...  Wink

Some finishing touches are still in order.  First, the ajar switches for the doors.

The 84-85 models use pin switches on the b-pillar, which provide a ground when the door is open.  The 86+ models use a specialized rocker switch which is inside the door & mounted to the latch.

Simple matter of ripping the door apart, and installing the 86+ switch & harness, right?  Nope.

The 86+ doors also have a dimple in the side impact beam, to allow the switch to fit in there.  Naturally 84-85 models have no such dimple.

There are a few ways to do it...  the 84's side impact beam could be modified to allow the switch to fit, the doors could be switched to those from the donor car, or one could simply do without the ajar light.

Another way is to merge the 86 interior harness with the 84-85 door ajar harness.  For reference, each door ajar harness is shown below.  The filename of the photo identifies which year it is from.  Note that in the case of the 86 harness, the ajar wiring will be taped to power locks and/or power window harness (if equipped).

All that's required is to connect the single black/orange wire from the 84 harness to the black/orange wire on the 86 harness.  The black wire on the 86 harness is not needed.

Cut each harness to the appropriate length, solder, insulate, and hide under the door sill trim.  Done.   Afro
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 08:38:05 am by dguy » Logged

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Project Work Logs  |  Topic: 84 to 86 Duke retrofit « previous next »
Jump to: