Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:42:51 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!!  (Read 3850 times)
34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« on: April 09, 2003, 11:59:39 am »

Everyone,

First off, I want to apologize to everyone for not making this announcement earlier, but I wanted to be sure I knew what I was doing before making this public.

I can program chips for the stock v6 ECMs, '85-'88.

To qualify that statement, I have everything required to create custom chips: EPROM burner and editing software.  I've been playing with tuning my 3.4 for the last year and have noticed significant results in the fuel economy, drivabiltiy, and power.  (No dyno time as yet, just the ol' Ass-o-Meter  Grin)

I am willing to work with ANY club member who wants a custom chip for their Fiero, with a couple of caveats:

1.  If you have a stock 2.8, there isn't much I can do.  The factory program is extremely well suited for the engine, but we can try.
2.  There is a fair amount of testing involved.  I've already gone through 20 chips for my Fiero, and I wouldn't even say that I'm half done.  Every motor is slightly different and will require it's own changes.
3.  I don't have a whole lot of spare time.  Between work, and destressing from work, my week is pretty full.  I do have almost every weekend free though, as long as there's not a SoloII or Rally day with the MCO.  Grin

I highly encourage anyone interested to research what is involved so that you will have a better understanding of exactly what it is that we are doing.  There is a ton of info on net regarding reprogramming ECMs.  I suggest starting at http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/ and going from there.

I DO NOT have enough chips to supply the club, but if there's enough interest, I am willing to coordinate some sort of group buy at cost.  FYI:  When I bought a few chips last year, the cost worked out to about $10US each.

As for you lucky guys with the 3.8s, I don't have the software required to reprogram your chips.  If you can supply me with the BIN file that you want to use, and the chip required, I should be able to burn the chip for you.

More details to follow.

tyler...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2003, 11:59:59 am by 34FieroGT » Logged

tyler...
fiero308
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 12:03:42 pm »

aaahhhhh!!! Now the light goes on for me!  So that is what you were referring to.  I will be in need of your expertise most definitely; you know what my plans are.  I just saw an interesting twist to the 3.4 motor; the Calgary club has done a 'roller cam' version from a 98 van. (The starter is already on the correct side and the heads are aluminum) but there are a few other wrinkles.  There always are.
This is great Tyler;
will read about the suspension next......
thx!!!! Grin Grin Grin
gp
FieroDough
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 12:07:58 pm »

what burner did you get? I'm looking into getting the emp-10

we are currently using the 24c256 chit, I want to upgrade to the at24c256 chip. it can do an electronic erase (eeprom) instead of the uv light. if anyone is ineterested in this config, let me know.

still working on getting the definition files for the different engines.

Tyler, do you use C.A.T.S. Tuner? if so, do you have any definition files?

cheers.
Eric

34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 12:17:39 pm »

Eric,

I have the Epromer4 from USTR (http://www.ustr.net/epromer4/).  It doesn't look like it supports the at24c256, but it will program the 24c256.  I have a UV eraser so we can clear your current chip as well as program it.

tyler...
FieroDough
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 12:20:06 pm »

so I guess you don't user the cats tuner then eh?

Only cats can change the settings I'm looking for. Sad

Well Gary were still loking here. Smiley

34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 12:24:58 pm »

Eric,

Sorry...   I am using the CATS tuner, but the only definition file that I have is for the '86-'88 ECM (1227170).  I also have the shareware version of GMEPro that will let me edit the '85 ECM (1226869).  The only downside is that the shareware version of GMEPro does NOT let you enable the knock sensor functionality.  You must buy the full version at over $100US...  As I have an '86, the extra cost for me cannot be justified.

tyler...
FieroDough
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2003, 12:32:11 pm »

can you send me the definition files? fierogt@aei.ca
I'd like to take a look at those.

Other than tunercat.com, anyone know of a site / database to get the definition files?

cheers!
Eric
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 12:44:26 pm »

I have a box that I can hook up to my TV.  It lets you play a game called 'PONG'.  I haven't figured out exactly how it works, but will advise when running correctly.

Geeks.......hehehe!

Eric if you need that program, it will likely get split at least 3 ways. you,me and Dan.

Have you tried the GP guys at oqcgp.com.  I guess the series 2 is different but there may be some technoids there who think this is a good time.  Grin
FieroDough
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2003, 12:48:09 pm »

Pong! damn I miss that game! Smiley

all I'm missing is the definition files. once qwe got that, it's burning time! I can modify your mem-cal for you so that you can just pop the chip in and not have to solder every time. I don't like the uv erasable chips. in my opinion that is old technology and i don't find the erasing method reliable.

cheers!
Eric
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2003, 01:06:14 pm »

Eric, is this stuff any good to you?
http://pcm.dxsoftware.com/flashfiles.htm
http://pcm.dxsoftware.com/forum/YaBB.pl

If you need something from Terry in California, my neighbour has a house in New York City and can bring the chip back here.

Gary
stroker
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 10:11:53 pm »

any idea if there's something to do with the 93-95 north* chip
marc the stroker.
Rob
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 05:45:00 pm »

Is you 3.4 an Auto or a Manual trans? I maybe looking for an Auto Chip soon for a regular 3.4l
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 06:09:28 pm »

any idea if there's something to do with the 93-95 north* chip
marc the stroker.

93 to 95, yes.  Pennocs will be your best bet for good programming.  But beware, very few people have there N* running right (even though they clame it is).

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GoFast88
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 07:43:24 am »

As for you lucky guys with the 3.8s, I don't have the software required to reprogram your chips.  If you can supply me with the BIN file that you want to use, and the chip required, I should be able to burn the chip for you.

More details to follow.

tyler...

I am frothing at the bit, in eager anticipation.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!! « previous next »
Jump to: