Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:31:07 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: clutch cable seazed « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: clutch cable seazed  (Read 2730 times)
FIERO-JOE
Fiero Know-it-all

30 years old!!

« on: September 28, 2016, 03:26:29 pm »

hey all I have a 1984 4 cyl
and my clutch cable is locking up and I cant get It moving.. are there any ideas..
and for the matter where is it.. and is there a quick fix to get it moving again..
also  I know there is a bypass to get the car started without the need to fully engage the clutch..
can anyone help with that too..

Should there be this many extra screws?
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 08:57:26 pm »

You don't have a clutch cable - the clutch system in the Fiero is hydraulic.

What are the symptoms of the issue?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:51:13 pm by dguy » Logged

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
FIERO-JOE
Fiero Know-it-all

30 years old!!

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 07:48:11 am »

oh  lol ok really.. my bad..
 well I cant depress the clutch pedal..  I press it, it does not move.. well it moves a bit.. but no where enough to allow me to start the car.. or shift gears..
I checked the clutch fluid.. that I saw but I still figured there was a cable.. somewhere..
ok so how do I start to diagnose this problem..and is it a huge problem. to repair..

thanks

FIERO-JOE
Fiero Know-it-all

30 years old!!

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 07:39:16 am »

You don't have a clutch cable - the clutch system in the Fiero is hydraulic.

What are the symptoms of the issue?

right the main problem is that I can not press in the clutch pedal..
could that just be a problem with the pedal itself or would that be a the start of a much bigger problem???
and is there a way to test any of that???

can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 02:01:01 pm »

You could try taking the clutch slave off but leave the line attached (if possible can't remember). That would tell you if it is the clutch or the slave.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 07:06:46 pm »

You could try taking the clutch slave off but leave the line attached (if possible can't remember). That would tell you if it is the clutch or the slave.

Yes that's part of the way you would do it.  Basically start at one end, either the pedal or the clutch.  Let's say you do unbolt the clutch slave to see if it moves and it does, then check the cast iron lever on the transmission and see how far that moves, work your way back.  But maybe first check to see if for some reason the extension rod from the clutch master to the pedal is not bent or binding.

Good luck.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
FIERO-JOE
Fiero Know-it-all

30 years old!!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 11:01:05 am »

yes thanks all... I finally got to looking at it.. LOL.. and I removed the clutch slave.. removed it from the hydro line..
and it depressed and shot out fluid.. looking inside the slave its totally rusted and looks dead,,,
the arm of the trans moved slightly.. so it has to be the slave.. now on the hunt for a new one..
any one out there got one..

can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 09:21:06 am »

If you want a really good new replacement one http://rodneydickman.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=61&products_id=303

If not you should be able to pick one up at an auto parts store, wagner, dorman, centric all make them.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: clutch cable seazed « previous next »
Jump to: