Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:42:41 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: tech2 pcm flashing « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tech2 pcm flashing  (Read 2657 times)
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« on: December 14, 2015, 04:12:45 pm »

Require some assistance here, this is coming to me with work already done.  Basically....2000 Chev Express 5.7, PCM went bad (was a no-start condition) but no CEL when I had driven few weeks prior, power to boot and firm quick shifts in the power band.  No issues when you really got on it.  PCM was replaced from the same vehicle apparently but required a flash dump of the old and a copy to the new for the vin/security/odo as it wouldn't start.

Thing is bogged down, shit points are low and long with 2 seconds of slip between, also throws a P0325 knock code now.  Don't ever recall a knock code causing such driveability issues with timing etc.  Been told it was a good flash but seriously have my doubts, anyone here willing to check the programming or modify?
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 01:27:47 am »

Cleared the trans adapt tables and did a shift relearn, so far so good...thinking data wasn't cleared when programmed?   Afro
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 01:58:28 am »

This is kind of funny because I just fixed up a GMC Savana 2500 for my dad.

Glad yours is working now.

Cheers,

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: tech2 pcm flashing « previous next »
Jump to: