Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:53:32 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: New to the forum looking to build trike « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New to the forum looking to build trike  (Read 2547 times)
smlogan
Fiero Beginner

« on: July 08, 2015, 07:32:34 am »

Wanting to use fiero drive train to power trike.  Comments and suggestions welcome
c-l
Global Moderator
Moving UP!

Ottawa Fiero Club President

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 10:10:07 am »

Welcome aboard smlogan !

......... There is always a way!
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 11:20:29 am »

You mean you want to do something like this?
http://www.weeksmotorcycle.com/images/Fierotrike.jpg
smlogan
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 11:23:07 am »

Not exactly lol too much car there for me but drive train general idea
smlogan
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:24:42 am »

Then again maybe...the old lady would love it
smlogan
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 11:26:05 am »

I really need a beater to start the conversion  At this point all I have is an idea
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 12:10:01 pm »

We have an 86 fastback, 2.8L auto drivetrain which we don't have time to deal with.  It's reasonably complete, was running well when we picked it up from another member 3-5 years ago.  $250 and its yours.

PM or send email to don dot guy42 at gmail.com to arrange to view it if you're interested.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 08:55:41 am »

Any advice from me would have to take in account what your skill level was and what kind of tools you have available to you.  So having said that, what is your skill level and what kind of tools do you have available to you?  Also, what is the intended use of the trike?

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
smlogan
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 09:05:38 am »

Licensed mechanic (truck/coach and auto) with over 40 years experience now retired.  Full set of tools, arc, mig and gas welder and 2 garages about 36x36.  Lathe is in the works.  Trike is my project to keep me occupied and happy in the garage.  The wife is having difficulty getting on and off the bike so it might ease her troubles when I finish.  I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe and I don't like vegetables.  Did I miss anything lol
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 09:31:10 am »

Excellent.  So now I know that type of stuff to recommend.  I have a manual lathe and mill as well as probably most of the tools you have. I have done lots of design build stuff.

Also since you are in the market for a lathe I think also I will recommend something that can spin diameters larger than 8" DIA.  I got a small lathe because so many people told me that practically eveything I make on it will not need the extra bed clearance.  But having said that you are probably in the market for an engine lathe anyway.  All that to say, what you probably already know, and are probably also rolling your eyes at (having 40 years experience).  "don't buy a small lathe".

I have full CAD and FEA software so I can design something for you if need be.

Cheers,

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: New to the forum looking to build trike « previous next »
Jump to: