Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:11:08 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: now their targeting window tint « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: now their targeting window tint  (Read 2066 times)
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« on: March 09, 2015, 11:47:38 pm »

When will it end....window tint, phhht. Next it'll be no red or yellow vehicles.

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-police-want-cyclists-included-in-ontario-distracted-driving-bill-1.2271244
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 05:20:41 am »

Calling for changes to the window tinting provisions of the HTA is nothing new, Nick.  Every so often a pro-cyclist and/or pro-pedestrian group raises the issue as well, usually with similar comments about whether or not people can make eye contact with the car's operator.  I must admit that I like seeing the request for the ability to use a definitive tool (photometric meter) instead of only having the officer's opinion to go by, as it would remove ambiguity and the hassle of dicking about with a court appearance to play he-said/she-said with a cop.  Some of the anti-tint arguments which have come & gone in the past were to ban the stuff altogether.

Also, opinions about the aesthetics of window tint aside, being able to make eye contact does make a difference.  I see it every day when I'm out on my motorcycle.  It's an especially handy tool given the proliferation of phone-fiddling fucktards behind drivers' wheels these days.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:04:08 pm »

Call me crazy but I think these sorts of things should be more related to how safe one is on the road.  Some people need 100% concentration on the road while other don't need near as much.  I look at it this way.  Was there an accident?  If yes; then when was the last accident and at what frequency does it happen?  If either person has been in an accident over a determined frequency, then they automatically get charged and or licence suspended (regardless of who was at fault).  No one has to lie and no one has to be nice.  Police report is very short (they would like it too).  No he said, she said!  Just facts.  Simple eh?

But I'm crazy remember?

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: now their targeting window tint « previous next »
Jump to: