Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:06:42 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 3800 Swap Parts? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3800 Swap Parts?  (Read 3149 times)
can machine
Moving UP!

« on: December 05, 2014, 07:48:41 am »

I'm thinking of starting my 3800 swap this summer. As far as mounts I think I need: Left and Right tranny mounts (I'm using the stock manual 4spd) Front engine mount and bracket. Is that it or am I forgetting something? Should I do all poly mounts? Where is a good place to order them from? I'm heading to Florida for Christmas and figure I'll bring them back with me. 
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 01:42:43 pm »

I make every thing needed for this swap with you using the Fiero 4 speed you can reuse your stock tranny mounts and axles then just need a matching engine mount and a good dog bone.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 04:01:20 pm »

Dan, I thought I read on PFF you were not making the mounts anymore. I'm not going to worry about the dog bone for now. This will be a couple of years in the making. I just want to start painting and mocking up my spare cradle, get the engine mounted then swap the suspension over. I don't think I want to reuse the old tranny mounts. I'll probably order new poly ones. So other than the tranny mounts I guess I need a new motor mount and the conversion bracket? Is your bracket like the WCF one? Does it mount to the stock motor mount? How much?
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 05:50:32 am »

since you are going through all the trouble and are on a slow build you might want to consider also switching to the F23 trasmission.  Just a thought.  That transmission also pushes your motor 1/2 more to the drivers side so it gives you slightly more room for your belt and harness access.  Just a thought.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 07:41:36 am »

Aaron, what's involved in that swap? Simple bolt in?
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 01:15:57 pm »

F23 requires new tranny mounts with matching engine mount and a shifter bracket for the cables at the tranny end and best is to get a longer shift cable. can reuse Fiero axles though
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 05:13:51 pm »

Started researching the F23 swap. Looks interesting but I think I'll keep the 4spd for now. Part of the reason for the slow build will be $$$.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 08:41:58 pm »

Part of the reason for the slow build will be $$$.

I hear you brotha

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 3800 Swap Parts? « previous next »
Jump to: