Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:21:54 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Hello « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2571 times)
LenzTech
Fiero Beginner

Lens Ferrario

« on: August 26, 2014, 05:21:16 pm »

Hi all, I finally managed to get an account on the site. I purchased an 88 formula with a 308 kit on it in May. I have been trying to join the club but the site has a real problem for new member logins.
Anyway; I am looking for a mechanic preferably in the east end of town where I can get my fiero serviced. I have a real problem with the rear end. I suspect it is a cv or universal joint problem.

Len Gaultois   BSC, MEng
Lenz Computer and Electronics
       3796 Champlain St
    Bourget, On, K0A 1E0
          613 487 7888
c-l
Global Moderator
Moving UP!

Ottawa Fiero Club President

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:50:15 pm »

Hey Len,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see that your account is working!

......... There is always a way!
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 06:01:54 am »

The only real problem you are going to have with that CV repair is getting old bolts and nuts off.  The axle nut may be a real pain and you will likely need a lot of heat for the knuckle bolt/s.

But that's about it.  Except that if it's a manual transmission and it's the right side (or long) axle it will be hard to find a new one.  You may have better luck getting the existing one repaired, since the shaft is the longest GM ever made and they are hard to find some times.

Cheers,

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
LenzTech
Fiero Beginner

Lens Ferrario

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 08:04:51 am »

Hi Aaron,
I have the 3speed auto in my car. so far my problem is just getting the darn thing up on jack stands so I can remove the busted bits. The car has been lowered and getting jacks under it is a real pain. I only have flimsy jack stands so I have to find some that I can use with confidence.

Len Gaultois   BSC, MEng
Lenz Computer and Electronics
       3796 Champlain St
    Bourget, On, K0A 1E0
          613 487 7888
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 01:03:03 pm »

Use some 2X8 boards and make some ramps for all four wheels to get the car a few inches into the air first then use a good trolly jack from there. 
Neils88
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 01:09:49 pm »

I had the same problem with this account.  Set it up months ago, but today is the first day it actually let me log on.  Oh well.  I'm here now  Smiley  Glad to see we have a club here in Ottawa!
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 01:48:09 pm »

Glad to have you here Neil!
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 11:17:04 am »

Ya, I have a problem jacking my car up too, and I have a low profile jack.  So what I do is use an old honda jack to get the car up a bit before I slide in the other jack.  Also another good tip is to go in though the wheel well between the tire and the body.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Hello « previous next »
Jump to: