Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:35:53 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Trans. change - need your advice « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trans. change - need your advice  (Read 3779 times)
grandam455
Fiero Owner

« on: September 18, 2013, 10:00:41 pm »

I was told that the sunfire auto trans. will bolt in to a fiero with 2.5 with no problems just add a shift improver, I have a 1999 sunfire that is rotted out but trans. works good and would like the overdrive, has anybody done this? if so any problems or is it a bolt in. Your advice on this trans. change would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tom
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 07:45:37 am »

As long as your donor is off a 2.2 that has the same bell housing as the Fiero engines. You will need to make mounts and a shifter bracket to get it working and deal with the tranny VSS that is most likely not the 4000 PPM that the Fiero uses. Dan
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 07:17:11 pm »

Dan, don't you mean 2200.  Although it is a 2.2L I think there is a different motor also available in 2.2 for that year.

Make sure the motor looks like this:

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 07:28:20 pm »

Like Dan said, you will also need one of these to convert your speedo signal.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=126/category_id=287/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd126.htm

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
grandam455
Fiero Owner

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 11:14:15 pm »

Thanks guys, would the overdrive auto out of a x-car be a better fit seeing you could order them with the 2.5 being they are front wheel drive. Yes aaron that is the engine. I appreciate your advice as I am just looking to improve the drivability  of the 2.5. Tom
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Trans. change - need your advice « previous next »
Jump to: