Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:50:02 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Need recommended parts « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need recommended parts  (Read 5053 times)
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« on: March 12, 2013, 05:30:51 pm »

I'm looking to make my Fiero a bit faster can anyone suggest any specific parts that would be useful my budget is around 500-600 bucks. I'm also looking for some replacement speakers so if anyone could suggest some for an 88 Fiero Formula that would be great
c-l
Global Moderator
Moving UP!

Ottawa Fiero Club President

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:14 pm »

I'm also looking for some replacement speakers so if anyone could suggest some for an 88 Fiero Formula that would be great

Font, I like Kenwood, I find them to have slightly more bass than the other ones I have heard. Rear, Alpine does a grat Job.

......... There is always a way!
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 09:29:04 am »

Make sure any speakers you get for the gash are not too deep or they will hit the ducting below them and as far as power upgrades for the 2.8 there really is not much other then a good tune up, maybe a better flowing exhaust and cold air intake like the one Rodney Dickman sells.
There are power adder chips for the ECM that really do not do much other then fool the ECM into thinking the engine is colder or the intake air flow is more just so the ECM will increase the fuel but in the end make little to no difference. Dan
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 07:22:13 pm »

The headers are restrictive, but if you get aftermarket headers and cross-over, make sure that the cross-over is fully insulated (double walled) or you might damage your transmission though thermal stress cracking.

If you want just a now and then get up and kick someones but.  Get yourself a wet nitrous injection kit (wet means make sure your kit comes with extra fuel injectors, properly balanced for your application).

Don't bother with a chip tune because the only thing you will really notice is your gas tank getting empty sooner.

Cheers,

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 01:28:27 pm »

Isn't N20 illegal in Ontario?
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 04:38:39 pm »

Yes it is
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 09:55:02 pm »

That's funny, I didn't even know that.  Never mind on the NO2 then.  Turbo isn't cheep, you get what you pay for, and your motor could probably only handle 10 to 12lbs of boost.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GT_Gulf
Fiero Owner

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 05:00:14 pm »

So you guys think something like this http://www.fierostore.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=51618&d=266&p=2 wouldn't do anything for my performance
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 06:45:44 pm »

for performance...no.

monzaguy
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 10:04:38 pm »

Yes it is Anything thats good or great is illeal in Ontario.

Shiney side up greasy side down
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Need recommended parts « previous next »
Jump to: