Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:41 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: fiero tail light mod « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: fiero tail light mod  (Read 2560 times)
monzaguy
Fiero Beginner

« on: December 16, 2016, 11:50:15 pm »

Been thinking on this a while,and would like some feedback.I have one of the 85 Fiero SEs.  Here is the plan, Rather than just swapping in an off the shelf sequential tail light kit,why not drop the reverse down and mount them in the bumper. Then add an extra set of sockets to where you just removed the reverse ones. Splice these to the tail lights (nearest) and you have 4 lights on each side in the rear.Yeah, everyones saying "but one on each side will still be clear" and thats why you tint that clear lens RED using translucent enamel. Gives it that stained glass look Painted from the inside.Now go find a 4 lamp sequential system   Roll Eyes  off something like a dodge charger. Im still looking for something not to complicated, but I think its doable and should come in at a fairly reasonable price.     Presently Doin the hing pins, locks,and dew wipes, the latter has to wait till Im able to find decent windows (mine are badly scratched) Only want to take the doors part ONE time,  so all 3 projects are on hold till windows are found. Which brought me to working on the tail lights They were DULL so I took em apart,polished the lens,remove all the acumulated crud,removed the rusted clips and cleaned them (look brand new) I also noticed that the chrome was like lookin black (cuz it was no longer there Shocked ) so I tried some spray chrome Duplicolor but it doesnt come close to whats on the cap. Not bad though, just remember LIGHT coats and allow plenty o time between coats. I did 10 in roughly 2 hours,and I have a  heated garage. I only did one section and have pix if you care to see.

Shiney side up greasy side down
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 02:25:33 pm »

Sounds like you have a plan.

I'm not sure you are going to get the reverse lights to look good with a cut-out window.  You might be better off splitting the lens, half clear half red.  Then anything that looks bad would be in the inside of the cover.

Might be worth looking at an aftermarket stand alone sequencer.

Good luck.

Plus on the heated garage.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
monzaguy
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:00:42 pm »

Sounds like you have a plan.

I'm not sure you are going to get the reverse lights to look good with a cut-out window.  You might be better off splitting the lens, half clear half red.  Then anything that looks bad would be in the inside of the cover.

Might be worth looking at an aftermarket stand alone sequencer.

Good luck.

Been doin some mesurin and it seems possable to cut enough "RED" lens off my spares to replace the clear of the reverse. Still checkin around for those stand alone sequencers. Nothin out my way.

Aaron

Shiney side up greasy side down
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: fiero tail light mod « previous next »
Jump to: