Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:33:01 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 3.8sc auto axles « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3.8sc auto axles  (Read 2370 times)
Firecat
Fiero Beginner

« on: May 26, 2013, 02:05:49 pm »

Will both of them fit into my 87 auto? I am told that only one fits, any info would be great, liking for a donor car now I take it that a 99 ish is better for the swap?? Thanks
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 09:53:35 pm »

Where to start. Lets see the Fiero auto axle from the driver's side will work just fine still on the driver's side with the 4T65E HD tranny. For the pass side some use a driver's Fiero manual axle with a GTP/Regal GS inner but I find it too short and go with a 92 to 96 Trans Sport or lumina van 4T60E pass side axle and use a GTP/Regal GS inner with a Fiero manual axle outer.
the tranny mounts from the same van can also be used and if the van had the series I 3800 the engine bracket can also be used with a little altering.
For engine choice the newer and lower mileage the better and I always try and stay away from GTP's unless they are a series III engine as the cars see too much abuse. The preferred donor for me is a Park Ave Ultra then the Olds LSS then the Bonneville SSEI all being H bodies and then the Regal GS. Of course when using an H body engine you need to use the W body (GTP/Regal/Monte etc...) oil filter adapter and SC tensioners to work in the Fiero. Dan
Firecat
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 01:29:33 pm »

Well you know your stuff , and I would gladly send over my car for the swap, just 3500-4000 is great but funds are what they are, dammit I think I will wait and save some more cash . Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 3.8sc auto axles « previous next »
Jump to: