Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:25:40 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: G6 Pontiac F40 tranny swap .... need info « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: G6 Pontiac F40 tranny swap .... need info  (Read 2687 times)
Danyel
Fiero Beginner

« on: February 01, 2013, 12:07:52 am »

Does anyone have a list and part numbers used to do an F40 swap with an SBC .... thanks I'm presently gathering the needed parts but Archies list is very limited with exact info ....

So far I have
1. The tranny
2. Two Rodney Dickman Select cables
3. Archies tranny supports front and rear
4. Archies select cable to F40 tranny support

if any of you have more detailed info I would greatly appreciate it

THX
Danyel

Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:56:38 am »

The mounts are not that hard to make same as the shifter parts as long as you have the tranny right there. The shifter has to be modified to work with a select cable where a shift cable goes by moving the cable bracket closer and the shift lever arm has to be lengthened to run the 6 speed. At the tranny end it is just a matter of making up the brackets to hold the cables.
Again with a tranny right there it is not that hard and only about six to seven hours work at the most to do it.
The 90's Trans Sport van 3800 series I oil filter adapter works best for clearing the jack shaft and axle and from what I found the engine and tranny need to be moved to the pass side to give proper axle fitting.
Trying to get my hands on a cheap blown F40 to make kits off but no luck so far. Dan
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 04:39:01 pm »

Making the shifter brackets at both ends is pretty easy and if you buy two new select cables from Rodney dickman and tell him they are for the F40 he will have the right sized ball ends to do the job. Dan
Danyel
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:01:40 am »

Bought the cables from Rodney like you mentionned .... now I have to find clutch / friction plate axles and jack shaft. I have a V8 5.7 SBC with an archie masterkit ... looking for some pics for the 4 speed shifter mod
Danyel
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 09:50:33 am »

I have a COMPLETE AUTOMATIC to 5 Speed Getrag (including electronics and wiring) swap over to trade for any of my F-40 missing parts...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: G6 Pontiac F40 tranny swap .... need info « previous next »
Jump to: