Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:02:33 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: fi-air-o air induction scoops for sale « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: fi-air-o air induction scoops for sale  (Read 7346 times)
fiero_fighter
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 05:40:42 pm »

correct church, they are in fact extractor vents.   while I have never seen any hard data sheets detailing excessive heat build up due to blocking them, I'm sure there are adverse effects to using them.

I have seen tests done on the stock vents, they only seem to be efficient at dissipating heat at very low speeds.  at speed there is a low turbulence area between the sail panels and rear glass, this area builds a positive pressure preventing exhausting.  this issue is aided by the use of the "turbo" sail panel.  in that case the air flow over the grills encourages the exhausting process. 

On that same track, removing the under portion(base grill plate is riveted in place) of the grills greatly improves all levels of air flow.

Your a dream.  When I wake up you'll die.
coady
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 07:10:37 pm »

logan
received your payment. call me about what time you want to pick them up.
thanks so much

Thanks everyone these are now SOLD!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: fi-air-o air induction scoops for sale « previous next »
Jump to: