Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 06:02:08 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: 88 formula « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 88 formula  (Read 5309 times)
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« on: October 20, 2012, 08:28:16 pm »

Been a long hard decision but have decided I am not going to be building any more Fieros for myself, will still build and work on for others but no more for me.
I have a nice shape white 88 formula that I received through a bartering where I was seriously ripped off and only have a signed owner ship with no bill of sale.
I have checked with the MTO and according to them because of its age I need an appraisal any ways so the receipt is not needed any ways so no problem there.
Car is in very solid shape now with full rear poly suspension and many new parts installed.
There is no drive train right now but was going to be a 3800SC car when I finished it off and the lower portion of the trunk has been removed for where the exhaust was to be run.
I can send photos to any one interested but basically this car which came from the US and is in very good shape right now and could easily be finished off to make a nice daily driver or possible race project. Dan
c-l
Global Moderator
Moving UP!

Ottawa Fiero Club President

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 09:18:14 pm »

Dan,

Sorry to hear that you are no longer doing Fiero projects for yourself.

At least you have the signed ownership for it.

I thought you where thinking about putting an LS4 in that baby.... That would have been fun  Evil

If I didn't already have way too many cars, I would seriously look into that 88.

Good luck with the sale!

......... There is always a way!
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:22:51 am »

Was bouncing back and forth between the 3800SC and the LS4 and whether to go with the F23 or the F40 tranny or back to the 4T65E HD auto.
What it boils down to is I with three kids that really like to travel with me I do not have use for a two seater and I really do not want to go through all the work and time of building one for myself just to sell it when it is done like I had to with my last car.
If some one wants me to finish this one for them that can be arranged.
This is a nice 88 with a lot of potential, being a formula it has the better suspension plus the rear sway bar. All the brakes were new before I got it as well as most of the parts on the car including the rad, the interior is in very good shape other then a small hole in the seat, the body is in really good shape and any rust has been dealt with which there was very little of. The car comes with quite a few spare parts and can be set up for either manual or auto tranny. 
Right now I am open to reasonable offers so the car can be gone before the lousy winter sets in, the salt hits the road and I do not have to store her. Dan
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:16:11 pm »

Here is a few photos. Dan

ClubFed
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 12:25:20 pm »

How much are you asking?
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 01:26:57 pm »

Would like to get $750 but open to reasonable offers and have a nice F23 I can throw in for an extra $250. car has the factory sub installed and I have a 98 GTP Am/FM/CD player for it as well. The two e brake cables in the trunk are also new. Dan
ClubFed
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 02:16:07 pm »

pm sent
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 03:53:13 pm »

PM replied to
lsixtyseven
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 06:25:14 pm »

Sorry to hear you won't be building or owning a fiero for your self, I do understand and am glad you will be doing work for others.

I hope you can be part of my project as I believe you are very talented when it comes to building, doing swaps and modifying the fiero.
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 11:41:52 am »

I am really surprised at how many people want to strip this car down, I have had two offers so far for close to the full amount I am asking for the car just for the 88 specific parts.
This car is in very good shape with no rust issues, a lot of new parts and could easily be put on the road with a drive train installation.
I do not have knowledge of where this car originally came from location wise it came out of the Windsor area before coming into Ontario but has no rear defroster from the factory so I am thinking it must have been a southern car and from what I have seen working on it I would say that for sure due to the good condition of this car.
So basically we have a nice to near mint possible southern 88 Formula that people want to strip to make their 84 to 87 Fiero work like an 88.

I will put this out there just once for a short period of time, I know where there is a 98 Park Ave Ultra 3800SC with just under 200,000 km on it I can get for $600, I already have a good F23 and would only need the proper clutch, flywheel and a few small pieces to make this  a nice 3800SC 5 speed manual car that will go like snot and turn heads.
I will finish this car off with the above parts basically do the swap for half of my labour costs for the build to make sure this car is not stripped.

What you end up with is a nice 88 Formula 3800SC 5 speed using the F23 built nice and strong with my full warranty.
Cost will be the price of the engine, clutch, flywheel plus a few small things like shifter cables, the usual needed swap parts like a fuel pump and muffler, the $750 I am asking for this car and $1,000 for all the labour to do this build.
In total around $3200 invested running on the road, can't buy a completed car like this for that price.   
ClubFed
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 06:25:09 pm »

I'm still interested in the Formula "as is" just working on the logistics... Sad
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 08:35:10 pm »

Dan that's a one heck of a deal! Someone jump on this! I wish I could.  Cry

Danyel
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 10:22:36 pm »

Dan is the Formula still available ??
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 11:16:30 pm »

Agreed; that price is unbelievable!  I couldn't do that swap for double the regular price.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Dan
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 12:21:20 pm »

Few more photos showing the only flaws in the paint being a small spot across the roof at the windshield edge, the gas cap and pass head light area. Dan

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: 88 formula « previous next »
Jump to: