Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:17:04 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: '84 Red Fiero, 4 speed « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: '84 Red Fiero, 4 speed  (Read 3413 times)
jonracine
Fiero Beginner

« on: August 16, 2011, 07:32:42 pm »

Hello Everyone,

Sadly the day has come when I have decided to sell my red Fiero.
It is an 1984 Fiero 4 speed.

I've replaced all the brake lines, fuel lines, capilers, fuel pump. ball joints, tie-rods, front cross member mounts, front suspension, and completely repainted the underside of the car (it had been winter driven previously).
It has new tires I put on in the spring this year and the original Pontiac aluminum rims.

The engine has been rebuilt, and it has roughly 190,000km on it.
I say roughly because the speedometer stopped working about a month or so back and I'm in the process of replacing the worn out gear.

With the car I will be including a new rear strut kit (completely with both rear struts and all the rubbers, top mounts, etc) as well as a rebuilt head for the block (complete with lifters and push rods).
I will also be including two replacement headlight motors (with gears) and two extra headlight gears (the ones of my Fiero are good - but I always kept a spare set just in case).
It has been running a little rougher than I would have liked lately so I had been planning to rebuild the engine (again) with a re-built block but haven't found the time.

I'm asking $1500 for it as it is right now.
I don't believe that it will require anything for the safety, and it is e-test exempt.
If someone would prefer it safetied before it is sold, I will get the safety done as well for a little more.

If anyone is interested, please email me at jonracine@gmail.com or call my cell at 613-294-4999.
I have photos of it - email me and I'll send them to you.

It's a lovely car and I hate to part with it - but I simply don't have the time to drive it anymore.
With a 16 month old daughter it's not the most practical car either.
jonracine
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:54:16 pm »

I've changed the price to $1600 and am including the safety now.
Basically it's about a third of what the safety cost me - so all it needs is someone elses plates on it.
jonracine
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 01:21:58 pm »

Hi Team,

Wasn't sure if I should update this post or create a new post, but I'll start with just an update.

For those who are in the Carleton Place area about a month ago (in fact... exactly a month ago) they may have seen a large plume of smoke rising into the sky in the early afternoon.
When I originally saw it across town I assumed it was just someone who was burning too much brush... and hadn't really thought about how there was a fire-ban on.
My perspective changed when I got a call from one of the neighbours indicating that the house adjacent to my own had caught on fire and that the wind had pushed the flames into my own home.
Fortunately I was able to get back across town quickly enough to get the animals out of the house before the blaze destroyed much of the top level of the home.

Why do I tell you this interesting tale, you ask?
Not because my Fiero was in the garage - no, it was still in storage because I had ran out of time the week before.
But, I do mention it because many of the replacement parts (including the new engine I had ordered for my Fiero) was destroyed in the blaze.

So... although my little Fiero was not involved in the event, I no longer have tools, parts, or a workshop to perfect my lovely little car.

That being said - there is now additional pressure to sell this car.
I was able to recover the new struts kit that I had purchased (as I was storing it in the basement), but unfortunately little else.

Before I stored the car in the Fall I had a safety done on it and had ordered a replacement rear bearing and horn for it - both of which were lost, so it will need those for a safety.

I had been asking $1600 for it safetied, but at this point I'm willing to take any reasonable offer as I don't even have a driveway to keep it in this year Sad.

Early next week I'll post it on Kijiji, but I wanted anyone interested on this Forum to get first shot.

Thanks,
Jonathan
c-l
Global Moderator
Moving UP!

Ottawa Fiero Club President

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 06:51:56 pm »

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your sale.

......... There is always a way!
grandam455
Fiero Owner

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 10:08:42 pm »

Also sorry to hear about the fire but you got your animals out okay, Good luck jonathan.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 04:47:28 pm »

Sorry to hear.  I hardly want to ask but did you have the thing properly insured?  Don't let them give you the runaround, it has become the policy of most insurers not to pay for one full year in hopes that you take their crappy initial offer.  And don't cash any cheques as if you read the fine print this action is considered acceptance of an offer.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
jonracine
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 10:42:50 am »

Yeah, I had insurance.
And I completely hear what you are saying.  It's amazing... you pay insurance for most of your life and expect that means that everything will be ok if there is an issue - but they find a hundred "fine print" reasons to delay and deny claims for every little thing.

I strongly encourage everyone to ask for their policy fine print and read it over to be sure that you are comfortable with the limitations of coverage.
If you aren't - have them changed.
Previously I had never taken insurance coverage seriously enough to even have a copy of my policy paperwork... something I deeply regret now.

It's a real fight - taking a lot more effort and energy than I could have imagined.

Sadly, my time and energy levels are finite... and so I've had to step away from a number of my other hobbies (such as working on my cars).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: '84 Red Fiero, 4 speed « previous next »
Jump to: