Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:45:12 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Lambo doors, sissor kit?? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lambo doors, sissor kit??  (Read 9557 times)
FIERO-JOE
Fiero Know-it-all

30 years old!!

« on: January 28, 2011, 07:20:37 am »

hey all i was looking at the possibility of going lambo sissor doors.. found the kits pretty cheap but looking at the pros and cons of having those doors installed..
any input and or attempts good or bad would help
thanks
joe

Should there be this many extra screws?
88formula
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 11:33:52 am »

im interested in what everyone who has them has to say...
maybe one day in the future Smiley
c-l
Global Moderator
Moving UP!

Ottawa Fiero Club President

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 04:53:02 pm »

The Fiero Montréal president had them on one of his car when he bought it.... first thing he did was take them off.

Door was heavy to lift from inside the car...  no woman could get out the passenger seat without him having to open the door from the outside.... you had to be very carefull to open the door fully outward  (as far as it will go that is, about 15cm) before starting to lift it, otherwise it would rub on the upper section of the fender.... he really lost it and decided to rip them out, the third time the driver side door fell on him as he was climbing into the car  Angry

Let us know how your's turn out.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:56:09 pm by c-l » Logged

......... There is always a way!
falcon_ca
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 11:42:29 am »

I am installing a set on my Formula. This kit is equiped with 2 struts for a total of 280 pounds, making the doors really easy to manipulate.

Of course you have to be carefull when you close the door, making sure it is completely down and aligned.

The kit I bought is made especially for the Fieros, and is known as been "bolt on"  but of course requires some adjustement and dexterity.

Pictures in my main post in french : http://www.fieromontreal.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=1200.600

"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."
Restoration Formula
4.9 Ongoing project
FIERO-JOE
Fiero Know-it-all

30 years old!!

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 10:13:28 am »

cool so u have done it already?? how dificult was the install???
easy too hard??? i was looking on ebay for the lambo door kit with struts??
is it worth getting???
 joe

Should there be this many extra screws?
falcon_ca
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 10:28:16 pm »

I bought my kit from Jessy on PFF http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078049.html

Very good product made by a Fiero man for Fieros.

Jessy is very easy to deal with and is behind his product.

They are "bolt-on" but of course some fine adjustments are required.

I am almost done.

My friend Danyel from Quebec City area also did the mod last year.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:47:42 pm by falcon_ca » Logged

"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."
Restoration Formula
4.9 Ongoing project
Church
Fiero Owner

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 09:51:48 am »

hey all i was looking at the possibility of going lambo sissor doors.. found the kits pretty cheap but looking at the pros and cons of having those doors installed..
any input and or attempts good or bad would help
thanks
joe

Look at the butterfly door kits as well, much more unique and rare
Fred
Fiero Owner

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 01:52:52 pm »

The Fiero Montréal president had them on one of his car when he bought it.... first thing he did was take them off.

Door was heavy to lift from inside the car...  no woman could get out the passenger seat without him having to open the door from the outside.... you had to be very carefull to open the door fully outward  (as far as it will go that is, about 15cm) before starting to lift it, otherwise it would rub on the upper section of the fender.... he really lost it and decided to rip them out, the third time the driver side door fell on him as he was climbing into the car  Angry

Let us know how your's turn out.

One thing c-l forgot to say is that he used an upgrade for the strut (Stiffer, that can lift more weight) but we know that all the system was poorely installed. Therefore make sure that if ever you make the installation, you know what you are doing or your asking a professionnal to do it.

There are 2 kinds of kits available on the market. The one with the picture of the red car you posted are opening streight. They are very vertical when you look at it from the front of the car. You can have them by "GT Factory". http://www.gtfactory.jp/diablo.htm It would look like the first picture I'm posting.

The second kind is like falcon's which isn't aligned vertically. If you would look at it from the front of the car, you would see that there is a small angle that when open, the bottom of the door and the top of the door arent in a vertical line. Its a little tilted to the outside. Like the 2nd picture I am posting. Note: most kits are like that.

The 3rd picture is an explenation between both of them if my description wasn't enough or you're more visual. (Found on the GT Factory website) Note: You need to download this picture. It's called: DBL_03.tif

The modification I wanted to make on my car was to put gullwing doors just like the DMC DeLorean. Though the fiero doesn't have a frame around the window therefore it can't receive hinges to the top of the door. GT factory makes a "gullwing" kit for those kind of application. Found here: http://www.gtfactory.jp/gullwing.htm Or look at the last picture!
I find it much more different and more interesting to work with. Though I think there was only one application of a kit like that on a fiero. I havent found any feedback or anything. It would be more complex and a longer project. (Less "bolt-on")

Fred
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:54:53 pm by Fred » Logged

Pontiac Fiero GT 1987
Danyel
Fiero Beginner

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 10:36:59 am »

I love mine and have NO issues with them ... carefull installation required ...if you do a halfass job the doors wont close or open correctly ...

regards
Danyel
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Lambo doors, sissor kit?? « previous next »
Jump to: